1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

AirTran Fares

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by David 1980, Feb 21, 2009.

1. David 1980

David 1980 Disney Dad of 5

Any Ideas on why Air fares seem to have jumped?? I looked a few weeks ago and from Indianapolis to Orlando it was $ 69.00 each way and I look today and it is $92.00? I have 7 people and with those fares I will drive. I thought we were in a recession and the few of us that still (thank God) are employed seem like we are getting gouged? I understand I have 7 people but man it still seems high. I was just wondering if any one thought fares may come down for June?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cbrfan

cbrfan DIS Veteran

Airtran doesn't have a sale going on right now. Check again around
    Tuesday. That's usually when you'll see fares go down.
    Weekends seem to be the highest priced fares. Are you checking fares for 1 passenger or 7? There may not be 7 lowest price fares available. Check using only passenger.

4. ancestry

ancestry Trees Without Roots Fall Over

Airtran had a sale on recently that ended. Maybe the lower price was the sale price.

5. dudspizza

dudspizza I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I hav

Plus, that $69 each was was a great deal! The cheapest we get from MSP is $99 on sale... maybe $92 if they run a super deal......

Like a previous poster said, watch for another sale, they will come around.

Duds

6. dioxide45

dioxide45 DIS Veteran

Also make sure that everyone in your family has their own e-mail address and you have signed every e-mail address up for NetEscapes. They often send coupons for $25 off. Though there some usually limitations on their use.