AirTran business class upgrade and Disney Magical Express Check in

rxjoe

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am new here and I had a question about checking in to flights from the Disney resort through disney Magical Express. I was wanting to upgrade to business class for the flight home from our honeymoon. I know it is best to check in right at the 24 hour mark. The information I read states to check in at the resort up to 3 hours prior to your flight, does this mean no more or no less than 3 hours?

If it is no more than 3 hours and I check in from my phone and do the upgrade can Disney still print the boarding passes and take my checked baggage before we leave the following day?

Will Disney check me in at the 24 horu mark and upgrade us if I provide the payment information?

Thanks!

It means at least three hours but no more than twelve hours of you're using RAC. because that service starts at 5 or 5:30 AM, your flight has to be leaving at least three hours after the counter opens.

Having Guest Services check you in for your flight 24 hours in advance is something completely different.

You can upgrade at anytime. On the way down I upgraded to the business class at the counter. Did the 24 hr online check in. This was to receive the free two bag counter check in for luggage.

I did not even bother on the way back for the $59 difference. Was not worth the extra $. It was 2 seats side by side instead of 3, and in the front. Everyone walked past us to get to the rear of the plane, not a big deal to me, just surprised.

Never got the complimentary cocktail. I did not even bother to upgrade on the flight back.
I had choosen our seats at the time of reservations for $6 more so kids were with us. Do not recall doing a 24 hr check in coming back, because we used the rac. Had the printed passes. But I know you can go on the site and upgrade at anytime.

Not sure what plane you are on, the one we had about 12 bus class seats, where you walk in, as you go back the seating was three across. each side of the plane instead of the 2.

THe snacks were milano cookies, chip, snack bags instead of the small Bisquets.
This was a 2 hr flight from Harrisburg to MCO.
See how the flight is on the way down, you can always go online and upgrade after the flight down.

You don't have to have Disney Check you in for your flight. You can actually check in over the phone and then go to Disney before you leave for the airport to print your boarding passes.
One time we waited until we got to curbside at the airport and were upgraded to business class for only $19! and that was two of us for $19! And we got bags checked for free. it was definitely a steal!

We flew airtran to Vegas last year, and toughed it out in regular seats on the way out (which was really hard because I have a spinal condition). Since we were celebrating our anniversary, DH surprised me and upgraded us at the counter for our return flight to business class. We ended up in the front row, so could really spread out. Being able to cross my legs saved my back! If you don't need/want the extra room, though, the perks for it weren't that great, one drink and better snacks, no biggie.

Terri

Ok I can answer this - I have done this many times. Go ahead and upgrade when you can on the computer of your own, over the phone or at guest services.

Take your bags to RAC at which time they will try and charge you and the you tell them you upgraded to Business Class or better yet say you don't have a charge as you are flying Business Class. They will say that the computers only update every 24-48 hours and it won't be in there. Ask them nicely to check. They will check and every time I have done it (probably ten at least) they will find that it has updated and will take your luggage. Still be sure to tip the guys though.

In the event that they don't, go ahead and take it on the bus and then check it at the airport. You can use the short line for Business class. It's very easy...I have done that several times as well when I have not been staying at Disney and not used ME.

Hope that helps.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter