• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AirTran anyone?

heidiboo

DIS Veteran
I am researching booking airfare for the 4 of us for the end of August. AirTran is almost $300 cheaper than Delta for a direct flight from Richmond, VA to Orlando. I don't have experience with AirTran. :confused3 Can someone share their experience? The good and the not so good?

Thanks. :banana:

I would also love to know this...we've only ever flown with Southwest. Is AirTran a relatively new airline? :)

If you do a search of this board, you will find a lot of threads within the last month or so.
We have used AirTran a couple times, the last was this March/early April. The trip was fine, the staff were fine and the plane was great - on one leg of our flight, the plane was only a month old.

We flew Airtran from BUF to MCO last November. Overall it was terrific. Our flight to Orlando was left and arrived on time. there was a problem with the plane that was to take us home and our flight was delayed while a new plane was prepared for our flight. The "new" plane was smaller than the originally scheduled plane so there were people that were bumped from our flight. I know they were well compensated (tickets, hotel, vouchers) and they got all the volunteers they needed.

It was a bit of a hassle but could easily happen with any airline and they did what they could.

I would fly AirTran again.

I've flown Air Tran several times with no problem. My only complaint is that they tend to change their schedule often.

:thumbsup2 we have flown on air tran the last 3-4 trips, once in Dec. we had a awful time , thunderstorms/tornado's in fl. so we took an early flight out, we were then stuck in Atlanta for 8-10 hours as they gave our plane to go back to fl. we had to wait while they called in someone to help the capt. fly the plane....our plane had no water! There was also a major snow storm up north and that was why all the delays. we got a "free" voucher each for our next trip. they did not however give any meal vouchers while stuck in the air port and the other airlines did take care of their people a little better. but we just booked our next trip in Sept. with them. I think you'll have a nice flight. the planes are new and nice and clean. :wave:

We have flown AirTran several times and have been very happy.

They sometimes have webfare sales that are very good. We had a trip planned with the inlaws, but DH's father became ill and couldn't go. They credited the two tickets to my account for future travel without any penalty.

We only fly Airtran and we wouldn't fly any other airline. DH has family in Boston and flies Airtran all the time. Great Rates, Great Staff.

We have flown AirTran a couple of times and are flying them again in September.

On our last trip in 2004, on the flight down the plane was DIRTY! Snack wrappers left in the pockets in front of you. Floor wasn't clean. I thought I would never fly them again, but the flight back was fine. And now the price is right. ;)

My DW and I flew airtran last week and had a wonderful flight. The planes were clean and service was wonderful. I've heard alot about schedule changes but ours were on time. We will fly with Airtran in the future!

We just flew with AirTran about a week ago for the first time. I was also apprehensive since I was not familiar with the airline. BUT, the service was great and the plane was clean. The fare was right, too. I also like the way they board the plane....they do a few back rows then a few front rows, then back then front. It worked nicely and you didn't have to fight for overhead compartment space. :) I will definitey fly them again. Oh, and the flights both left RIGHT on time and arrived early! :) The flight there actually arrived 20 minutes early.

Bridget

Let me tell you, I love flying airtran from Philadelphia to Orlando. I was quite disappointed when Southwest was $ 300 cheaper than airtran this summer. But I had to go with southwest and save the cash.

I hope they are as good as airtran. You'll love flying airtran

I have flown Airtran without a problem. The best thing is that you can purchase business class seats, if available, at the counter when you check in. Usually for about $35-70. Much cheaper than booking in advance.

We flew air tran in April ... no problems .. requested W/c assistance they were waiting and helped with connecting flight.. Great Staff...
A++++++.. We will use them again..

Two weeks ago, Airtran had a seat sale from BUF to MCO in October for $149 roundtrip tax in. I wasn't able to book then as I didn't have my dates, but now that I do I will be looking for another seat sale. :thumbsup2

DebbieB said:
I've flown Air Tran several times with no problem. My only complaint is that they tend to change their schedule often.

i feel the same way. i love airtran because they are cheap and have always arrived right on time or early, and have never had any problems with luggage. however, on my last two trips to WDW, they changed my return flight on me. the first time it was an hour later, and this time it's an hour earlier. they did it far ahead of time so it was not a surprise, but it is still annoying.
that being said, i still like air tran a lot! and they are my first choice when looking for flights to WDW.
we'll be taking SW down this year cos it's cheaper and i've never flown them before. i am a bit nervous! :scared:

Just booked them today for our trip in Nov/Dec. Have never flown them before, but heard good reviews. The flight schedule was similar to SW, but no NS flights on our dates. Plus, I just got tired of waiting out SW's little games. We will be flying out of Buffalo. RE: the seat sale...Has anyone gotten a voucher or refund if prices go down? Thanks!

We've flown Air Tran several times over the last few years. We have always had good flights with them. Like others said they do tend to make schedule changes and we seem to have them most trips. However they are only a 15 or 20 minute change in flight takeoff time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter