• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airtran and purchasing seats long after you purchased tickets??

mom2my3kids

DIS VETERAN
I purchased tickets in Feb, now I see for 5.00 you can pick your seat. I don't want to spend any more money and it would cost us additional 50.00 to pick our seats. But with 3 children I don't want to be spaced around the plane..What would you do, is it necessary to pick seats now and pay?

Twenty four hours before your flight you can log on to your reservation and pick your seats. Just keep in mind that because of being able to purchase your seats ahead of time that your chances of getting 5 seats together lessens.
But with children I'm not sure if I would risk that. Though I have been on Air Tran and their have been a time when the stewards have asked others to change seats due to a child.

Twenty four hours before your flight you can log on to your reservation and pick your seats. Just keep in mind that because of being able to purchase your seats ahead of time that your chances of getting 5 seats together lessens.
But with children I'm not sure if I would risk that. Though I have been on Air Tran and their have been a time when the stewards have asked others to change seats due to a child.
I wonder how many people who paid to select their seats in advance would be willing to change to accommodate those who didn't?

I think the OP was wise to pay the extra - if for no other reason than peace of mind. It's one less thing to worry about.

I also chose to pay the extra $5.00 pp each way. I didnt want to worry about not getting seats together. I figured that i got my tickets at a great price so they extra $30.00 was worth my piece of mind.

Think of it this way: if your fare had been $5 more would you have not booked it? I know some of you travel shorter distances, so you have really cheap fares, so maybe you would have not done it, but my fare is usually so much to begin with that the $5 doesn't matter to me even when it adds up.

Another TIP - Go to air tran site daily and see if there are still seats together, if it starts to get filled up, pay the $5 each then.

Help!
I just went and paid for seat assignments for flights I booked in April. When I hit purchase, it showed the entire bill, not just the $20 extra that I'm paying for seat assignments. I went in through My Account.

Is this normal? Its the same confirmation number. Will I get a bill on my credit card for just $20? Or did I mess up and need to contact someone?

Thanks
WisMom

Help!
I just went and paid for seat assignments for flights I booked in April. When I hit purchase, it showed the entire bill, not just the $20 extra that I'm paying for seat assignments. I went in through My Account.

Is this normal? Its the same confirmation number. Will I get a bill on my credit card for just $20? Or did I mess up and need to contact someone?

Thanks
WisMom

Yes I think that is normal, they might have sent you an email too. If you look at the details, it probably has "Seat Fees - $20." I did this a few times lately, and I was charged only the seat fees despite the first time being a bit worried like you. No worries though, they showed up correct! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter