AirTran and Magical Express

DJ Disney Kid

Walt Disney World Vet
I noticed that AirTran is now working with Magical Express. It says that its a pilot program. What is that?

Im gonna be at AKL from Feb. 11th to 17th next year, so can someone give me some info on how this works? I've always flied AirTran and this is going to be the first time they are offering Magical Express for both ways of my trip.

DJ Disney Kid said:
I noticed that AirTran is now working with Magical Express. It says that its a pilot program. What is that?

Im gonna be at AKL from Feb. 11th to 17th next year, so can someone give me some info on how this works? I've always flied AirTran and this is going to be the first time they are offering Magical Express for both ways of my trip.

Where did you see this, if I may ask? I always fly AirTran and use DME, but could never check-in for my return flight at the resort (always had to bring the luggage to the bus). Perhaps AirTran passengers will now be able to do this from the resort. Ooooo - I hope so!!! :yay:

Its on this website, just went up today:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Transportation/magical-express.htm

A pilot program will begin on December 19th. Guests flying on Air Tran will be able to check in with the airline at the following resorts:

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club Resort
Boardwalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Grand Floridian
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club

Because not all Disney resorts are named, there are a few unknowns:

Whether Airtran check in is at a different location, perhaps at an automated kiosk, than United, Delta, etc. check in.

Whether Airtran check in is for baggage too or just boarding passes.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

Does anyone else know more about this or where I might find some more answers? We're flying Airtran in Jan., staying onsite but not at one of the listed resorts in the op. Would love to be able to check my bags at the resort.

DJ Disney Kid said:
I've always flied AirTran and this is going to be the first time they are offering Magical Express for both ways of my trip.
Actually, it's always been possible to use Magical Express in both directions when flying AirTran.

There is separate, optional service called Resort Airline Check-in (RAC). Magical Express can be used without RAC. And RAC can be used without Magical Express.

So far, AirTran is not listed as an airline that participates in RAC, according to the Disney's Magical Express FAQ. But that could change any time because AirTran is now works with BAGS Inc., the provider of RAC. And, as posted earlier in this thread, there are details about the pilot program.

I didn't realize you couldn't check in for your flight at the resort (we are staying at POR) when flying airtran! :confused3 We are leaving in 5 days and I am going to check in online for our flight out to get our seats assigned. (They said I could do this 24 hours prior to our flight.) I'm now thinking we should do this for our return flight to in order to get seats together and so we don't have to check in at the airport. We are flying home Christmas eve! What does everyone else think?

You can ask the Front Desk or Lobby Concierge for help checking you in 24 hours in advance. Keep in mind you have to BE there at the time.

bsmandi said:
I didn't realize you couldn't check in for your flight at the resort (we are staying at POR) when flying airtran! :confused3 We are leaving in 5 days and I am going to check in online for our flight out to get our seats assigned. (They said I could do this 24 hours prior to our flight.) I'm now thinking we should do this for our return flight to in order to get seats together and so we don't have to check in at the airport. We are flying home Christmas eve! What does everyone else think?

We just came home on 12/10 on Airtran. I went to the concierge desk at the hotel we were staying at (BWV) and checked in 24 hours before the flight and was able to pick our seats at that time. We then took the ME bus with our luggage on it to the airport to check in the bags. The line at the counter was long. We walked outside of the airport and checked our bags with the skycaps. No problem at all.

I brought my laptop and checked in the day before my flight back and picked my seat. I couldn't print it out, but I went through the process.

Once I was at the airport, I simply told the AirTran agent my reservation number and she printed out my boarding pass. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter