Airports other than LAX ?

Sharkmeister

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has used Bob Hope Airport (BUR) or John Wayne Airport (SNA) as a gateway to Disneyland, instead of LAX? If so, was it easy to get to Disneyland once you were there?

I know you have to go SYD - LAX (or SFO) - then onwards, but I am getting cheaper prices this way than if I fly directly into LAX and go to Disney from there.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I've heard John Wayne is a much smaller airport and closer to Anaheim. Never heard that you'd get a flight cheaper to there from Australia than to LAX. Who is that with?

I really like SNA and prefer if over LAX (but LAX is almost always cheaper than SNA for us). It's quicker to get out and on your way and I think it's quicker to DL from SNA as well.

SNA is great, small and manageable. I'd fly there rather than LAX given a choice. Much faster to get to DL and without the crazy traffic.

We always fly in and out of SNA if we have the option. Didn't know anyone offered flights there from Australia though! How did you find it?

It's definitely much easier to get around SNA and get from there to DLR. It's only about 20 minutes in good traffic, but it took nearly double that for us once when there was a bit of a traffic jam. Of course, that time saving will be offset by you having to get from SFO/LAX to SNA in the first place. It would be quicker to land in LAX, do your customs etc, then get a shuttle directly to DLR than it would be to land in LAX/SFO, do all your customs things, change terminals, board a new plane, take off, land at SNA, taxi to the terminal, get all your bags again, and then head to DLR from there. Also, not sure what sort of plane they would use for the LAX-SNA route. I imagine it would be a pretty small one (VERY short flight and I imagine not much demand), so something to keep in mind if you have concerns about that.

Having said that, to save $300 on airfares, I would totally do it, and I will be investigating that option for our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter