Airport Transfers Or Car

towledj

Disney Dave UK
Hi. We have booked our next trip to WDW but I am having second thoughts about the coach transfer from the airport to GFR. There are 4 adults and a 18 month so would have required a car seat, but I did not think the luggage would have fitted in a car, I also have had the hassle of getting on a curtasy bus to the car rental depot. However our second week we are staying at AKL. Do we really need to change. Will we be a bit out on a limb with out a car. How would we get supplys for the room and spare nappies etc.
Any help/ideas would be much appriciated. Thanks, Dave

As there five passengers, I'd say a car with one of the airport transfer companies would be better than a transfer coach, and could be cheaper as well, depending on the arrangement you have for the transfer. I wouldn't worry about the luggage - the town cars can cope with most luggage loads but, if they can't, there will be another vehicle that can! If you pre-book a car transfer, you could mention your concerns then.

Your point about getting out and about for supplies is a valid one, as you will be restricted without your own car. However, you can always get a taxi from your resort, and if you plan only one or two shopping trips, this would still work out a lot cheaper than paying for car rental / insurance if you don't plan to use a car the rest of the time.

And remember - some of the transfer companies will happily include a stop for groceries on the run from the airport.

Hi Dave i used Quicksilver Tours and Transportation in October and found them 1st class - just had a look at their website - great price for a Luxury Van (Up to 10 passengers) $ 54.90 ( one way or $ 99.90 return ) + $9 gate entrance fee will be added to all round trips to the Magic Kingdom Resorts or one ways originating from the Magic Kingdom Resorts (Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness). Disney World charges this amount to all transportation companies entering this area.

jj........ ;)

Hi Dave
Wev'e never used transfers in florida only spain and the like, so can't help on that, apart from knowing we like the freedom a car provides. As for getting too the car rental depot, at least two of the main companies dollar & alamo are on site at Orlando international, i think a couple of others are too. if you are going into sanford they are on site also so no busses to catch.
If you don't get a car the £350 plus pounds you will save will allow you to pay on porperty disney shop prices for the supplies you mention.

Calvin & Anne

If you're not working to a tight budget, why not get your holiday off in style with a stretch limo. For the 4 of us we generally pay around £100 or so return to I-Drive. We always use happy Limos and found them to be really reliable. It's a great feeling turning up to your hotel in a big sssssttttttrrrrrreeeetttttccccchhh and when you are on a downer going home it does cheer you up a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter