• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

airport security ?'s

cdnmomoftwo

Earning My Ears
We'll be travelling for the first time by air in a long time. I read on the airlines website what we can bring with us (quart bag, under 100ml etc) but can these items be packed into our checked baggage? I'm not able to find that and it seems these restrictions are only for carry on bags. We won't be bringing much with us, but can I toss my large tube of toothpaste into my checked bags or do I need to buy a travel size one regardless of where it is packed?
Thanks for any advice

i think you can pack everything you want with your check baggages, the restrictions are only for carry ons. Not sure if thats your answer your seeking...

OMG, yes! You can pack all the liquids you want in your checked luggage. :thumbsup2 DD14 and I both have long hair and we brought tons of shampoo, conditioner, not to mention body wash, in our suitcases. The only restriction is on what you have on your person stepping into the plane - this includes lip gloss, mascara, hand sanitizer, etc. As long as no one product exceeds 3 oz and you use that quart size bag, you'll be good to go. :cool1:

Does anyone know if I can bring vaseline lipgloss on the plane? Does this qualify as a gel? I have eczema and in between when I can put on medicated lip cream, I use vaseline to keep the dryness and itching down. If I had to go without it for the day I would melt!

Yes, you may bring it, but the tube has to be 3oz or less. I ended up finding three different tubes of lip gels in my purse and I was fine. I also carry a tube of cream for DS9's eczema and as long as it doesn't exceed 3 oz and it fits in a quart bag, you'll be okay. :thumbsup2

The liquid or gel items must be 3 oz or less and must be in ZipLock bags. Here is a funny for you, coming home from DL we arrived at security at LAX, we were told to remove our shoes, I warned the officer that our shoes stunk really really bad from 7 days of walking at DL, he said NO PROBLEM! I warned him again that I would not be responsible if the machines broke due to the smell. So are shoes went threw along with our carry on baggage, then suddenly the bells and whistles went off, the machine stopped. I looked at the officer, he looked at me, I said "I WARNED YOU!" Well it turned out it wasn't the stinky shoes it was the small bottle of water our daughter brought in from the limo! Needless to say we had to buy more water for the plane ride home!

Please make sure you have ANY liquids you plan to carry on with you in a small ziplock bag that you show them before you go through security! If you fail to have them in a bag they will pull aside your things and search through it by hand. People behind you who may be running late for a flight will not be happy with you if you slow the line down.

After our WDW trip in Nov. we were behind a family of 9 that felt the new rules should not apply to them since all of these items "cost them money, and I refuse to let you just toss them in the garbage." They have signs everywhere, are making constant announcements-even outside at the curb before you even enter the airport.

If in doubt, put it in your checked luggage. Easy enough.

We were just in DL 2 weeks ago. The only liquid I put in my carry-on was hand sanitizer. The rest went in my check-in luggage. I had it in a small Ziploc bag and had it ready to throw in the security tubs when we went through. I agree with the other posters who said to make sure you have it ready to show security or you may hold the line up and delay your arrival at the gate!

Does each item have to be in a separate ziplock? In other words, if you have three things...a lip gloss, hand sanitizer, and a hand lotion for example, do they all have to be in separate bags? Or if they fit, can they be put into one baggie?

Does each item have to be in a separate ziplock? In other words, if you have three things...a lip gloss, hand sanitizer, and a hand lotion for example, do they all have to be in separate bags? Or if they fit, can they be put into one baggie?

They must all fit into one baggie - one baggie per person.

We'll be travelling for the first time by air in a long time. I read on the airlines website what we can bring with us (quart bag, under 100ml etc) but can these items be packed into our checked baggage? I'm not able to find that and it seems these restrictions are only for carry on bags. We won't be bringing much with us, but can I toss my large tube of toothpaste into my checked bags or do I need to buy a travel size one regardless of where it is packed?
Thanks for any advice

Just to let you know it is 3 ounces or less per bottle (container) - so that is 90cc (ml) for you (30cc per ounce).

Ok another question - does the stuff have to be in its original containers? I use a large tub of vaseline and transfer small amounts into a little lipgloss pot I use. I am assuming this would be a redflag and I would be better to have a teensy vaseline bottle with me?

I put my hair gel and face moisturizer into the 3 oz travel sized bottles and did not have any problems going through security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter