airport question?

ticketwm35

Mouseketeer
Well we might change plans and go to disneyland instead of wdw.I have neevr been to cal.We would be flying in.What airport should we come into.While we are there we might want to go to san diego.Which I don't know if it's far from DL.Help someone.We would fly from ohio.

We flew into the Onterio,CA,USA airport. It is a smallish newly
remodeled airport. But you will need to rent a car to get to DL but you will need a car to go to San Diego anyway. At 10:00am it took about 1 hour 20 minutes to get to San Diego, but we missed the busiest hours by going later.

Closets airport to DL is SNA (Santa Ana/John Wayne/Orange County (they can't make up their mind what to call this airport)). Second closest is ONT (Ontario), Third closest and smallest is Long Beach (don't know it's letters, but I know this is the airport where Jet Blue flys through). Last is Los Angeles (LAX). LAX is probably about an hour away, with SNA being about 20 minutes or less with no traffic. Also SNA would be closest to San Diego (of the ones up by DL, there's other airports further south towards San Diego) if you'll be staying down their and going straight to the airport from san deigo. You can either rent a car or take a train to San Diego. On your way down to San diego is LegoLand. It's a lot of fun, especially for kids. It's geared for kids 3 through 10. Any younger and there's not much they can ride (I think most rides have at least a 36 inch height limit), and over ten or twelve probably wouldn't be too interested. It's a nice place for adults to visit, but don't know if I'd spend the money if I didn't go with kids.

San Diego has Sea World, zoo. The wild animal park is up closer to LegoLand. Near LegoLand is outlet stores, it's been a while since I've been there, don't remember what they have there.

Most things are spread out here, and renting a car is probably the easiest to do, not like WDW where you can spend all your time without ever leaving Disney Property.

We used Ontario on our last visit. It is a small airport but has been built up with new buildings over the last few years. We much prefered it over LAX. John Wayne is definitely the closest. We found it easier to get a less expensive reservation into Ontario than John Wayne. Ontario overall seemed less crowded and a more pleasant travelling experience.

We booked a trip through Disneyland Travel. Everything but the air-I booked that myself. We're flying into John Wayne because of it's proximity to DL & it's smaller size. We got transportation to & from DL & also transportation/tickets to the San Diego Zoo(all through DL Travel). I don't like to drive on vacation, so this worked out great for us.

Without a doubt ( unless it's too expensive):D fly into SNA (orange County). It only took me 15 minutes to get from Disneyland to the airport, and it's an easy airport to manuever.

Last year we flew into San Diego, spent a week there, then drove to Anaheim ( less than 2 hours) and a couple days at DL, and then flew out of SNA. You don't have to deal with big old LAX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter