• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport in your hometown, convenient?

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
We've lived in many places, and in the past 10 years we've lived in three different places. In the first two towns, the airport was super easy to get to, now it's a good 40 minutes or more to get to the airport.
I'm not talking traffic issues, our current airport is way out in the boonies. I think the Denver airport is over an hour from downtown Denver? That's a trek. How convenient is your closest airport?

Ours is on the far edge of town, but so easy to get to the gate once you are there, it's worth it. Plus traffic is seldom bad in the area.

50-55 min to MSP. It's ok. That's about the right distance for me.

Super easy airport to navigate, with a decent on time record (considering our winter weather). They know how to keep runways open in all kinds of nasty weather.

In Los Angeles, not so much. I don't think it matters how close you live. ;)

Here, the Orlando Airport is super easy to get to on the 417.

About 7 minutes away. But I dont flt out of there because Southwest doesnt fly out of there, so I drive about 30 minutes usually way early morning flight to the other airport.

The Buffalo airport is about 20 minutes outside of the city of Buffalo in a suburb, and that's the closest major airport. I live in Niagara Falls, so the Buffalo airport is a good 35 minutes from me. Niagara Falls has an airport, but its primarily charter flights on airlines like Frontier, Allegiant, Spirit. We always use the Buffalo airport.

As a frequent work traveler, I have much appreciation for Atlanta and Philadelphia who's rail system ends at the airport. Super convenient!

Very close to two international airports one place and very close to a regional one at another.

I love it, The Akron-Canton Airport is the perfect size, not many people but enough to have lots of flights, about 15 min from home. But here is the bad thing, lets say im going to NY from Akron, I will get a great price but it will make a stop in Charlotte :p

So easy to get to to and easy to navigate. 15 minutes from our house, love being close. Grew up outside Boston and Logan tough to get to, always construction going on. Love T.F. Green Airport in Rhode Island!

I live in nyc, so I have multiple convenient options. But I'm from VT where there's only one commercial airport in the whole state. Growing up I was only about 45 minutes from the airport, but its a much longer drive for some. It's not uncommon for people to use airports in NY or NH instead, both bc they're closer and cheaper.

I grew up in MA, and it took us about 20 min to get to Logan pre-Big Dig. I lived in NYC and it only took 20 min by bus to get to LaGuardia but JFK was a giant PITN. Currently, I live 10 minutes away from SeaTac airport, but even when I lived in the South Sound it didn't take more than 30 minutes to get there. Plus there are public buses that go there so it is really inexpensive.

I'm 10 minutes to a small regional airport. I love the drive but not the lack of flight choices and cost. The larger airport is about 40 minutes away IF the planets align perfectly. I've made it in 30, but it's taken 90+ other times because of traffic.

STL is close to downtown, but I'm 60+ miles West. So no, it's not super convenient for me even if it is for most folks IN STL.

KC is a lot like Denver - way outside the city.

BWI is about 15 minutes away. And our condo, where we will be living full time in 2 years, is also about 15 minutes to RDU. But we use DCA a lot and that takes a good while to get to and park at, even though the distance to it isn't too bad (just getting to the DC area is a pain).

My airport is about a 20 minute drive in rush hour traffic. It's not a very big airport and the only reason it's called an international airport is because there are flights to Minneapolis. All other flights are domestic.

I fly out of Denver all the time (I mean...a LOT). It's a hike but I'm close to 470 (toll road) so while it takes 40 mins it's an easy drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter