Airport Hyatt

coleenmark

Earning My Ears
We are currently booked at the Airport Hyatt the night before we sail. We booked this through Disney and it seems convenient, but it is EXPENSIVE. Does anyone have any experience with the Hyatt? How do the Transfers from the Hyatt (Aiport) work - can we schedule and go early, or do we not have any flexibility on when we go over to the port?

I like the idea of being able to get to the Port early and getting on the ship as early as possible. Will staying at the Hyatt allow this?

Thanks,
Mark

Me :earsboy: DW :earsgirl: DS (8) pirate: DS (5) pirate:

You do not have to schedule at all; unless you wish otherwise, you will automatically be on the first bus to the port.

Your luggage will be picked up from your room at about 8 am. You will be instructed at check in as to what time to be in the lobby.

Depending on whether they are doing it or not, you may be able to do your cruise check in at MCO--the Disney Welcome Center lower level terminal B. This eliminates the line at the port and is super easy. The only thing is that everyone must be there for the security photos--no more "one person can check in for the family." We did this. It is totally great.

The Hyatt is by far the most convenient place to stay, but there are lots of less costly hotels in the WDW area. Many offer complimentary shuttles to/from their hotel as well as free breakfast. You can stay "off site" and still use DCL transfers if you choose by taking the hotel shuttle back to MCO. You are paying for the convenience at the Hyatt.

We're staying there tomorrow before our cruise on the Dream. I'm also curious as to how it'll work out. kcashner--thanks for posting a response!

We always stay at the Hyatt the night before. It's WELL worth the extra money since it eliminates all the hassle of rental cars and schlepping luggage!

We always stay at the Hyatt the night before. It's WELL worth the extra money since it eliminates all the hassle of rental cars and schlepping luggage!

We did it last year for the first time and will do it for future cruises. VERY convenient set up. Take an afternoon flight, no pre-dawn rush, have a bite to eat, good night sleep, first transport off to port around 1030. If you are planning to be first at port for an upgrade, maybe not best choice though.

We did it last year for the first time and will do it for future cruises. VERY convenient set up. Take an afternoon flight, no pre-dawn rush, have a bite to eat, good night sleep, first transport off to port around 1030. If you are planning to be first at port for an upgrade, maybe not best choice though.

It's not very convenient when they "forget" to retrieve your luggage from your room,which is what happened last November. It had to be flown into Nassau the next day. Our luggage sat in the room all day! They didn't even realize the mistake until guest services called the hotel from the Wonder. Needless to say,we missed dinner at Tritons that night.
The Hyatt did do right by us though, which is why we are staying there tomorrow night,before the maiden voyage on the Dream. We will be walking our luggage down to the bus ourselves this time!

It's not very convenient when they "forget" to retrieve your luggage from your room,which is what happened last November. It had to be flown into Nassau the next day. Our luggage sat in the room all day! They didn't even realize the mistake until guest services called the hotel from the Wonder. Needless to say,we missed dinner at Tritons that night.
The Hyatt did do right by us though, which is why we are staying there tomorrow night,before the maiden voyage on the Dream. We will be walking our luggage down to the bus ourselves this time!

Sorry to hear that!

You can also book with a stay certificate. Here is the link. https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/products/CertsStay.aspx

I called first to be sure they had availability, then I ordered the certificate. My kids loved the Hyatt and we are staying there again this time. We had no luggage issues and we did also check in downstairs at Disney Magical Express site instead of the lobby.(Actually didn't realize at the time we could check in in the lobby).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter