Airport Hotels

Shop Till I drop

Earning My Ears
Hi, Can anyone tell me if they stayed at either four points sheraton or renaissance? Are these for sure by the airport? Do they offer shuttle service? I wanted to stay at the hyatt in the airport we will be getting in at 10:00 p.m and thought that would be nice, but can not seem to justify the 149.00 a night for a few hours. Thank You :)

We'll be staying at the renaissance for one night next month (30 days to go!). Got it through Priceline for $49, though others have gotten it for less than that. They do offer a shuttle service, just give them a call when you get in and they'll send a van over to meet you.

There are many hotels that advertise themselves to be airport hotels. Here is some information that may help:

Onsite Hotels:
Hyatt Orlando Airport - This is the only hotel actually located within the hotel. It is a great hotel and you dont have to worry about shuttle service either, you can just walk straight up to your room from your flight! You are right, their rates can be pricey, but for some the convenience is worth it.

Lee Vista Center Area:
This is a commercial park one mile north of the airport. Here you will find offices, restaurants and several hotels. Hotels include: Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn Select, Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Hawthorn Suites, Amerisuites, Sheraton Suites and Embassy Suites. Just across from Lee Vista Center is the Courtyard, La Quinta Inn & Suites, Amerisuites North, Renaissance Hotel and Radisson. All the above mentioned hotels are nice, well maintained and offer shuttle service.

McCoy Road Area:
This is a side access road roughly 2-3 miles from the Airport. Finding it can be difficult for travelers and there are few restaurants nearby. Hotels in this area include: Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, Quality Inn, Comfort Suites, Four Points Hotel and a Sleep Inn comming soon. While the hotels are not the best, and the location leaves much to be desired, all the properties do provide shuttle service and best of all, the prices can be very competetive, especially at the Four Points and Howard Johnsons.

Florida Mall:
These is about 10 minutes from the airport, and is a major commercial center. In this area you will find tons of restaurants, shopping entertainment, etc. There are several hotels here like: Hampton Inn, GuestHouse Hotel, Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn, Ramada Limited, Howard Johnson and Ramada Limited. Some hotels are nice, others are not. I would suggest staying away from the Days Inn which has been reviewed very poorly.

Anyway, I hope this email gives you more options and gives you an idea of the general area and hotel locations. Most of the above hotels have websites where you can make online reservations, so if you need help for a particular one, just say so.

Cheers!

Priceline is fairly easy to use once you have read the rules. Check out http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding and make sure to ask any questions that you don't see answered in the faq's and winning bids sections.
As far as picking your hotel, unfortunately you can't do that. The Hyatt at the airport does come up occasionally, so you might get it. Make sure to bid no lower than the 3* level around the airport to stay out of the less desirable properties there.

I stayed at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel twice, both times I got it on Priceline, once for $20, once for $25. I bid for a 3 star in the airport area.

It is a wonderful hotel. They have a free shuttle from the airport.

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif
radio1.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

We stayed at Sheraton's Four Pointe near the airport back in November. We had an very early flight out and got the room for $30 on Priceline. They have airport shuttle service and we were pleased with the hotel/service. I would HIGHLY recommend using priceline for a room for this reason (short stay). Be sure to start between $25 - $30. Go to this site, Priceline will add $5 to your winning bid:

http://www.priceline.com/hotels/Lang/en-us/itinerary.asp?FREE=smrtliv

2000 - Westgate Villas
2001 - Vistana Resort

The Sheraton Four Points by the airport is a nice place to stay. The rooms are far away from the road, although I had some trouble finding my room. The Holiday Inn Select on T.G. Lee Blvd. is pretty nice too.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Joey Ramone is gone but he's not forgotten

Click HERE for interesting Universal Orlando information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter