• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

airport hotels U. K

CAL2

DIS Veteran
hi,
normally we stay at the Hilton the night before we travel, but the prices have gone up to £300 for a one night stay with dinner and breakfast for 4.

we are looking for an alternative, or an offer any suggestions please

cal:)

Just moving this over to the UK board as the folks there will be able to help :thumbsup2

Is this for Gatwick?

If so look at the Premier Inn by the North Terminal :)

Usually a good price and just across the road from the terminal. If you are flying from South just use the free transit.

hi, I didn't know there was a U.K site. yes Gatwick south terminal.
thank you will have a look at that.

The premier inn at Gatwick is great, we always stay there. They have a meal deal, which includes and three course and breakfast, it's great value and we always do it

A lot depends on when you're flying, too. I got a third off discount for Hilton and booked a room for the 3 of us with breakfast for £125 all-in. Last February DD and I stayed at Hilton for about £86 and then upgraded to executive at check-in.

we travel the beginning of November and need a Monday night stay.

£300!! That's a bit steep. Have you tried getting a quote from Holiday Extras and then hunting around for a slightly better rate and using the "Free If" guarantee. I have had a couple of deals at Manchester airport doing that! I also find Trivago extremely useful too!

hi, thanks for your replies.

I will try trivago, still looking into premier inn, what's new bloc ?

It's a new hotel at the airport, we get the train down to Gatwick so it makes staying at other hotels more difficult/expensive when you figure in bus charges etc. Sorry not clever enough to post a link, but search for Gatwick Bloc :thumbsup2 It's designed for one night stop overs an is basically only a small room with bed/beds & bathroom, but it looks nice & gets good reviews.

ok thank you will check it out. im hesitant booking elsewhere as we have only stay at the Hilton and enjoy the buffet evening meal when we get there, plus its my birthday on that day and was looking forward to a nice meal, but still not willing to pay £300. I did see a winter deal for a double room at £75 including breakfast thought that was a good offer but now I cant find it :rolleyes2

we also get the train, we live in Norfolk, so get the train to kings cross then the cheaper version of the Gatwick express to the airport, its costs us £88 for 4adults return including the connecting train to Gatwick. Its cheap, stress free and only takes us about 3hrs in total :thumbsup2

ok thank you will check it out. im hesitant booking elsewhere as we have only stay at the Hilton and enjoy the buffet evening meal when we get there, plus its my birthday on that day and was looking forward to a nice meal, but still not willing to pay £300. I did see a winter deal for a double room at £75 including breakfast thought that was a good offer but now I cant find it :rolleyes2

we also get the train, we live in Norfolk, so get the train to kings cross then the cheaper version of the Gatwick express to the airport, its costs us £88 for 4adults return including the connecting train to Gatwick. Its cheap, stress free and only takes us about 3hrs in total :thumbsup2

There is still a sale on, but your date of travel has to qualify rather than just booking it within the sale period. When I put my date in (ie 28th February) there was a big banner that went across the screen saying "Your dates qualify you for our special offer price" or words to that effect.

But do keep looking for Premier Inn and even Travelodge. Deals do come up on a regular basis.

Trouble is, once you've stayed at the Hilton and enjoyed the walk through to the airport, it does rather spoil you for anything else.

Yeah we normally stay at Hilton too,but need two rooms this year ( we used to squeeze into a family room) so it was too expensive. Train best option for us as direct from Bedford. Happy planning :goodvibes

hi, toffeewoffee, yes its the unknown I suppose, we know the Hilton, know where we are going and how long it takes. have got the price down to £282 for the 4 of us including evening meal and breakfast, but I still feel its a lot of money for one night.
we could always travel on the day as our flight is not until 11.45am but I think I would worry the whole time in case we miss our flight, due to late or cancelled trains.

How about you forget the evening meal - that probably adds well over £100 to the total: it would have added about that if we'd taken the dinner option and there are 3 of us.

You could walk over to the airport and get something there - even eating at Giraffe would be cheaper than the Hilton's dinner!

try Alpharooms for some great hotel rates, we usually manage to get at least 40% off the normal rate with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter