• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport hotel for one night and then take DME the next morning?

Ava

DIS Veteran
Is this possible? I'm bouncing around ideas for a short trip and was thinking of taking a late flight in and staying at an inexpensive hotel near the airport for one night. Could I then get the DME bus to my Disney resort the next morning?

DME doesn't care how you get to the airport, be it plane or hotel shuttle. They will still transport you to WDW when your stay begins. Just don't use the luggage tags and be sure to pickup your suitcases from the carousel before going to your hotel that night. The next morning, you bring your suitcases to the DME bus.

Reactions: Ava
I have done it many times. No problems. We stay at the Country Inn and Suites. They have a shuttle that runs till 11:30 pm Just call them once you have your luggage and they will tell you where to meet the van driver. The hotel is clean, quiet and has a good free breakfast in the morning. Then we take the shuttle back to the airport. The hotels 7 minutes away.

Reactions: Ava

I've stayed at the Hyatt and done this very thing. Worked out great for us. We have also stayed at WoA for one night before switching to AKL for the remainder of our trip. WoA was cheaper than the Hyatt and we didn't have to deal with our bags that way. They went straight through on DME. I would look into the pricing of the various Disney hotels and see if staying there one night is most cost friendly. Might surprise you!

Why not book a value resort for that first night? it will be relatively inexpensive, and save you a lot of hassle. Plus you will get your short vacation started that much sooner!

Hyatt will collect your luggage from your room and deliver it to DME if you call from your room for pick up.
So pack the yellow tags. Don't put them on until the next morning.

Hyatt will collect your luggage from your room and deliver it to DME if you call from your room for pick up.
So pack the yellow tags. Don't put them on until the next morning.

I'm going this route--is this safe? I've had luggage horror stories so I'm scared of leaving all our luggage in our room. though hubby tells me disney is very magical :)

I'm going this route--is this safe? I've had luggage horror stories so I'm scared of leaving all our luggage in our room. though hubby tells me disney is very magical :)

Doing it that way (only at the in-airport Hyatt, FWIW) isn't *leaving* it, it's having it picked up. You can still be in the room.

I personally would just take it with me, though. Especially for the OP since her planis to stay "at an inexpensive hotel near the airport". I don't mind starting the vacation with a late night flight and sleeping at the MCO Hyatt Regency, but having to shuttle over to another hotel, then shuttle back, to catch Magical Express? Nah. For me, I'd rather rent a car and stay onsite, probably even at "my" resort. We finally did that, just booked another night at our resort despite not getting to the airport until after midnight, and while it felt like a waste of money beforehand, that morning when we woke up at OUR resort in OUR room? The money was WELL worth it. You're not just paying for the few hours you sleep, but also for not having to pack up and move elsewhere and be "homeless" between 11am to 3 or 4pm. It can be well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter