Airport choices

janc

Mouseketeer
We have been using Orange County for our last 4 trips, before that LAX. I probably will stick with OC but am thinking of trying Long Beach.

Any advantages, disadvantages?

I fly out of Seattle and usually use Alaska, although on our last trip they cancelled our flight home, sent us from OC to LAX and lost one of our suitcases. (They did find it and return it the next day but we spent almost 2 hrs at the airport waiting for our luggage and filling out forms.)

So this time maybe I will go different airline and airport. I saw the Jet Blue thread and am thinking I need to look into it.

LGB is just small. it also offers free wifi. i'm pretty sure the bulk of marketshare is JetBlue (it's considered JB's west coast base)

transportation options are limited. there's no disneyland express for example which i believe there is at SNA

and it's technically a bit further away

Long Beach is my very favorite airport. I used to live in So Cal (now in Seattle) and I prefer to fly in & out of LB because you can avoid the freeways and just take Katella all the way to Disneyland. It's a smaller airport and it seems to be more efficient--check-in, security, etc. seems to be so much easier. You can get great deals on Alaska Air, and it's nice to have the Jet Blue option now (well, in a couple of months).

The only 1 drawback I'd say is the wait for your bags seems to take a little longer, but really it's probably the same amount of time you wait at Seatac or SNA, it just seems longer because it only takes a minute or two to walk over to baggage claim.

LGB is just small. it also offers free wifi. i'm pretty sure the bulk of marketshare is JetBlue (it's considered JB's west coast base)

transportation options are limited. there's no disneyland express for example which i believe there is at SNA

and it's technically a bit further away

Hmmm....no Disney Express, but they do some type of shuttle service to hotels? I really don't want to have to take a cab.

i think the cab is the basic option short of mass transit (2 transfers). or hire a private car.

I love LBA it is smaller, so easy to navigate to getthe rental car over everything about it is better, OH WAIT, the bathrroms are gross, so dirty...I learn my lesson the last time, no drinking on the plane no matter what it is or buy poise pads, it was DISCUSTING!:scared1:

SNA, I was able to book a car rental for 8 days for 113 including taxes on hotwire, seemed like a great deal

SNA, I was able to book a car rental for 8 days for 113 including taxes on hotwire, seemed like a great deal

Where is SN, Does Jet Blur fly there from Boston? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter