• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Bus

SKFamily

Mouseketeer
We finally picked up our travel package yesterday. When I booked I am sure the TA said she put us on a shuttle from LAX to HoJo's. But we're actually on the Airport Bus (something about looking for the green sign or something?) RATS. I know the shuttle is supposed to better. With 4 of us, me with a mobility issue so a lot of standing around waiting isn't going to cut it, how... inconvenient is this going to be?

Also, I've arranged "meet and assist with a wheelchair" at both ends of our trip. Does anybody know if we can use the wheelchair until the bus shoes up?

Call you TA Monday morning and tell her that unless the bus happens to NOT have any stairs, that she had better change your arrangements to Super Shuttle.

Super Shuttle is basically a regular van. The Airport Bus is a motorcoach bus with probably 4-6 stairs to climb up. So basically it depends on if your mobility will comfortably allow you to get up those stairs.

I do motorcoach tours, and some of my people have mobility issues. I have some that can no longer travel by bus because of the stairs.

If you don't think you'd be able to manage the stairs, then please call you travel agent and explain that an error has been made and you have mistakenly been put on the BUS instead of the SHUTTLE, as was arranged. If she says that there's nothing she can do, smile and say that you're really very sorry but your disability just will not allow for you to navigate the stairs on the bus and that perhaps you really should be speaking to the manager.

I don't know what vendor your TA has booked your package through, but I know that most of them will courier documents out for next day delivery. Unless the vendor feels particularly generous they will probably charge for changing the transfers from the bus to Super Shuttle, but you need to insist that the agency should eat that cost if there is one.

You're using a scooter. You have an obvious mobility problem. You were told that you were being put on the *shuttle* and had no reason to expect that you were being booked onto a bus that is not handicapped accessible.

And while in some cases "shuttle" and "transfers" are somewhat interchangeable, and your TA might argue that by "shuttle" she simply meant that she was arranging transfers... when you're dealing with 2 companies one of which has "shuttle" in the name and the other doesn't as a TA she should be aware that if she says "shuttle" and one company is named "shuttle" then her client is very likely to believe that's the company they're being booked with.

I can likely manage the stairs with dh's help. I don't have to do them constantly, like everytime we go somewhere, so I should be okay. Plus with the wheelchair at the airports and a scooter waiting at the hotel I can handle a little more stair-wise than normally I would. I can push it a little and still be okay. My TA isn't in today which takes one day off of the time to get different tickets in, and as I'm typing I'm cluing in that we wouldn't be able to get them anyway. The travel office will be closed when we go through Regina, and I don't trust the mail to get them to us before Sunday when we leave. I'll muddle through - at least I know what to expect and can prepare for it. ( darn, this means I have to keep up my stretches on holidays, too.. :p )

Thanks, Amberle3.

We will be on a shuttle and since there are 7 of us, I'm thinking we may be the only ones. Are there any grocery stores where we can get a grocery stop, or will they do that? We always do this at DW and it helps on food, especially breakfast. Thanks!

I have a late flight out to LAX on July 11th, leaving Logan International at 8:30pm Eastern, and arriving in LAX hopefully by midnight Pacific time.

I'm staying in the Universal City Area, so I'm hoping that this Super Shuttle Runs all Night... I read somewhere that it is a 50-60 dollar cab ride from LAX to the Hilton in Universal City.

All Help is Greatly Appreciated.

Thank you.

I think they should be available 24hrs a day, but your best bet is to contact them and make a reservation. I don't know if they have shuttles available on off-hours without a reservation, and actually the only time I've use them is with a reservation so I don't even know if they pick up without one.

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/lax.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter