Airplane Capacity

sjazz23

Earning My Ears
Is there a website that shows current capacity if a particular flight?
I'm curious, as I'm going from Bos to Mco in January, and the fares are increasing seemingly by the day. I know the airlines had an increase due to gas costs, but I'm assuming as a flight gets filled, the cost will go up for the remaining seats (ie. supply/demand)?
Just wondering if my family and I are headed down on a full flight.

tia

Is there a website that shows current capacity if a particular flight?
I'm curious, as I'm going from Bos to Mco in January, and the fares are increasing seemingly by the day. I know the airlines had an increase due to gas costs, but I'm assuming as a flight gets filled, the cost will go up for the remaining seats (ie. supply/demand)?
Just wondering if my family and I are headed down on a full flight.

tia

There really is no way of knowing..... AA offers a tool to see what seats are available on their website, but I have not used it.

Some people like to look at the seat map to see what seats are open, but the problem is that airlines close the map once there are a certain percentage of seats booked so that the rest are assigned at check in.

I always assume that the plane is full. My last 8 flights have been nearly full. An open seat here or there, but basically full.

Duds

The actual number of seats remaining for purchase on a flight has long-held to be a proprietary secret. While there are ways of seeing bits and pieces of that information, the airlines deliberate don't provide an easy way of seeing that, because it would give their competitors too much of an advantage.

Outside each individual airline's own internal reservation system, you will not be allowed to see how many actual seats remain on any particular flight. While it is true that AA does allow you to 'view' available seats for purchase or review, you will not be able to 'see' available seats beyond what your Aadvantage level allows you to book. Elite status flyers will be able to see/book exit rows, bulkheads and rows in coach closest to first class. Those same seats will appear reserved to the rest of the flying public, even if they are empty.

Each airline has its own internal system which allows employees to see, by cabin class, how many sellable seats there are, and how many tickets are being held for those seats (regardless of price paid or award.) It gives employees trying to fly standby a better idea on which flights they can have the best chance of getting a seat.

Your airline may book differently than AA, so check their website!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter