Airmiles for park tickets?

I have enough Airmiles to get a 3 day pass for WDW. However, our plans are to attend parks on 4 days. I've read through this thread and I'm embarrassed to say I'm a wee bit confused. Am I able to add on the extra day once I'm there if I get the passes through Airmiles?
TIA!

I have enough Airmiles to get a 3 day pass for WDW. However, our plans are to attend parks on 4 days. I've read through this thread and I'm embarrassed to say I'm a wee bit confused. Am I able to add on the extra day once I'm there if I get the passes through Airmiles?
TIA!

No worries, the WDW airmiles tickets are fully upgradeable. You can add days, park hopper, no expiry, etc. :thumbsup2

Has anyone ever gotten Universal Studios tickets by using their Airmiles? I am wondering if you get an actual ticket or a voucher that you need to exchange for a ticket at the front gates.

Note - for upgrading Park Hoppers purchased with Airmiles - use the tickets first (i.e. visit your first Park) and THEN upgrade the tickets (adding days, adding hopper etc.). This way you will receive the face value of the ticket and only be paying the difference between face value and whatever your upgrade is (i.e. if you buy a 3-day Base ticket with airmiles and want to add an extra day at the Parks, you will only pay the difference between the face value of a 3 day and a 4 day). If you upgrade first, without using, then Disney knows what 'discounted' rate Airmiles bought the pass at, and you end up having to pay the difference between the discounted rate and whatever you are upgrading to.

We have always bought the 3 day base and then used them once, and upgraded to whatever length we needed and added hoppers at the Park, with no issues.

Has anyone ever gotten Universal Studios tickets by using their Airmiles? I am wondering if you get an actual ticket or a voucher that you need to exchange for a ticket at the front gates.

yes, you get an actual ticket and you can also upgrade it. Received mine in less than a week.

Note - for upgrading Park Hoppers purchased with Airmiles - use the tickets first (i.e. visit your first Park) and THEN upgrade the tickets (adding days, adding hopper etc.). This way you will receive the face value of the ticket and only be paying the difference between face value and whatever your upgrade is (i.e. if you buy a 3-day Base ticket with airmiles and want to add an extra day at the Parks, you will only pay the difference between the face value of a 3 day and a 4 day). If you upgrade first, without using, then Disney knows what 'discounted' rate Airmiles bought the pass at, and you end up having to pay the difference between the discounted rate and whatever you are upgrading to.

We have always bought the 3 day base and then used them once, and upgraded to whatever length we needed and added hoppers at the Park, with no issues.

Not sure if this is true. I upgraded mine 2 days ago. I was quoted the same amount for the upgrade before and after I used the ticket.

I had a 3 day park hopper, the CM said the cash value of the ticket was 250$, I added a 4th day. Only had to pay the difference 25$

either way you have to upgrade before the end of your last day. i.e. If you have a 3 day ticket, you have to upgrade on the 3rd day max. You cannot show up on the 4th day hoping to add a day, at that point your ticket is considered expired.

yes, you get an actual ticket and you can also upgrade it. Received mine in less than a week.

Thanks Blanche Neige! Having to line up at the front gates to exchange a certificate was a deal breaker for me even if I had to pay cash for the tickets instead. Loving that I can go this route, rather than pay cash for the tickets, and still be able to go on through the gates! Much easier on the budget.:thumbsup2

Thanks Blanche Neige! Having to line up at the front gates to exchange a certificate was a deal breaker for me even if I had to pay cash for the tickets instead. Loving that I can go this route, rather than pay cash for the tickets, and still be able to go on through the gates! Much easier on the budget.:thumbsup2

You can also do upgrades,etc with tickets right at the resort or at DTD. You don't have to line up at the front gates.

Not sure if this is true. I upgraded mine 2 days ago. I was quoted the same amount for the upgrade before and after I used the ticket.

I had a 3 day park hopper, the CM said the cash value of the ticket was 250$, I added a 4th day. Only had to pay the difference 25$

either way you have to upgrade before the end of your last day. i.e. If you have a 3 day ticket, you have to upgrade on the 3rd day max. You cannot show up on the 4th day hoping to add a day, at that point your ticket is considered expired.

My info could be old, we received this info in Dec 2011 from CheshireFigment, so it is a little dated.

Wow. They came super fast. I ordered them last Friday. Purolator attempted to deliver them on Wednesday but we were at work. Picked them up yesterday. That was less than a week. Great service!

we're planning 1 day - 2 parks at US in February, and since we think we'll need the Express Pass for that time we're seriously considering cashing in some of our Airmiles for the park tix. At 850 per ticket I know it's not a great use of my miles, but I haven't used them for anything in 2 years so....

can I upgrade these tickets to 2 parks per day? I'm pretty sure I could if I bought them directly from US

Yikes! nm...just saw US has a buy 2- get 3 days ticket special. Still saving my miles...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter