Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question for people doing Shell with BMO cards. I know you're supposed to get 2 cents off for using a BMO card - I've done it. Last time I did it though, I didn't get the 2 cents. I contacted BMO over a week ago about it, but haven't heard anything back. I did use my AM card and my BMO card (both are linked) so not sure what the problem might be. This is, my wife tried to do the same thing today and also did not get the 2 cents off. Now, she used her BMO card and my AM card - so they aren't linked as she has her own AM card. I don't know whether this 2 cents off offer requires the AM card and BMO card to be linked or not. Does anyone know?

1713142934072.png
Looks like the M/C has to be linked to the Airmiles card being used to pump gas for the discount (.02) to take effect. It should have worked for your two linked cards.

She wouldn't be able to use your already-linked air miles card with her mc. The system knows that your air miles card is already linked to your bmo mc.

Good Morning all,,,2 things,,im typing on a phone with fat fingers so excuse errors, and not great at trip reports so just small updates as DW sleeps and I am early riser who dosent.
Porter flight down was nice smooth, but unless your Porter Reserve meal is not included,,no biggy,,,drinks beer wine snacks are free for all. Landed about 30min early, nice, just carry on so right out to ride share. All great so far,,goto book Uber,,not accepting payment method,,uggh, no issues with it getting to Pearson. Phone CC and 20mins later find out hold on card due to online purchase from,,,,WDW,,,ourtickets..lol...cleared up and on our way.
Arrive at Riveara Resort around 3pm..room not ready,,no biggy..drop bags at bell services and hop bus to MK. Up makn street to Caeys and split a foot long,,so good and fuelin body .
Now we had joined VQ for Tron i Toronto,,boarding group 28, whoops loading at 11am...little late but lets see. Reports saying no leaway,,walk up ask,,come on in,,,pixie dust. 1st ride Tron front row,,great ride,,not too short for me just right as on verge of motion sickness,,but all good,,hotdog stay down..lol.
Rest of MK just walking around,,very low crowds for us,,walk ons for most but didnt feel like riding too much, just enjoying walkkng. Left about 730,skiped fireworks to head to springs. Quick small dinner at Splitsville,,yummy sushi, and short 20min wait at giddeons,,1st time,,inside was very well done,,but mot worth 1 hour wait,,,bought 3 cookies will do us for the week. Back yo resort Early night and ready for Epcot.

1713182865599.png

Terms & Conditions​

*Offer is exclusive, non-transferable and available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. Collector must click on the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation prior to transacting to participate in this offer. Offer only valid April 15 – 21, 2024 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 1 AIR MILES Bonus Mile per litre when you fill with any grade Shell Fuel, and 1 Bonus Mile for every $1 spent on Car Wash and qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Not limited to one transaction. Maximum 100 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. This offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under licens

View attachment 851900

Terms & Conditions​

*Offer is exclusive, non-transferable and available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. Collector must click on the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation prior to transacting to participate in this offer. Offer only valid April 15 – 21, 2024 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 1 AIR MILES Bonus Mile per litre when you fill with any grade Shell Fuel, and 1 Bonus Mile for every $1 spent on Car Wash and qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Not limited to one transaction. Maximum 100 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. This offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under licens
Of course I filled up yesterday lol. Oh well!

I don't bank with CIBC either but agree that it is low.

On a not so bright note I called Airmiles this morning,,, Sophia...hang up if you get her.
Did yah know their Receipts program is Stellar and they never get calls or complaints with it.
Told me to do an online missing miles (3 airmiles) on June 15th.......

I'm done with this part of the program.

Hugs Mel
Need more coffee here.

Anyone here get dinged with a $5 charge on their Visa/ Master Cards?
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...1&cvid=24c95d8844b645d9a6154fb737c63c52&ei=19
Yes I had switched from one type of VISA card to another and suddenly got charged a $5 fee and cash advance interest to boot. I had to get my balance down to zero for a month or 2 before they stopped charging me interest.
Needless to say end of me using my Visa on OLG site ps my mastercard does not charge any fees or interest.

I think I am going to revise my banking today.
Sons highly recommend Tangerine for low cost no fees.
With inflation I don't need added banking charges.

Hugs Mel

Going to get that coffee.
8f4deeadc39434c3425e44070ca89ff8.jpg

Hugs Mel

View attachment 851943
Tangerine is great, I love my Tangerine account. I do not like my Simplii account, even with it's no fees. I will be closing it this month. I had it for a sign up bonus but they said I didn't qualify even though I did all the steps. So I am going back to just Tangerine.

Hugs Mel

View attachment 851943
I love tangerine and here’s something I have found. I move money between my BMO account and the tangerine account. Every couple of months tangerine will send me an offer for a very high interest rate on my funds. Right now, I am getting a 5% interest rate and that was for a six month Period. When that offer is over at the end of May, I’ll move all the money back to my BMO account while I wait for another offer. The offer they sent for the high interest rate are only on new money and anything I transfer back from BMO always considered new money if I leave it at tangerine it does not get that higher interest rate. I hope I explained this well enough. it’s just a way around the system that gets me a better return on my funds.

I don't bank with CIBC either but agree that it is low.

On a not so bright note I called Airmiles this morning,,, Sophia...hang up if you get her.
Did yah know their Receipts program is Stellar and they never get calls or complaints with it.
Told me to do an online missing miles (3 airmiles) on June 15th.......

I'm done with this part of the program.

Hugs Mel
Need more coffee here.
Funny, I called and complained at great length about their program last Friday. Just saying.

Good Morning from day 2.
EPCOT day. Jump on skyliner and arrived at 830am,,,wow get to sleep in. Skipping headliners,,I cant do GOTG,,head spinning and wife loves it but wont do it alone,, i begged but no go. So 1st stop Soaring, no wait not a headliner anymore, off that a cruise around living in the land. Breakfest sandwiches at starbucks,,huge new now. Now just a walk thru worldshowcase,,checkkng out all the merch, which I never do. Line for Remy is 40mins,, na we will wait till later,,lunch at Spice road on the water,,yummy split a coiple of dishes. Back to resort for 1pm.
Wife to pool for a couple of hours, i went back to Epcot after picking up swim suit. On skyliner relized I forgot dive pass..ride back to resort and pick it up. Thank goodness not on busses. Grab it and back in time chill at DVC lounge for drinks and snacks.
Time has come for dive in the tank.Meet outside of main entrance and brought backstage. See the kitchen for different menus for the fish...neet seeing what eats veg or meat..Different turtles eat different,,who knew not me. See the dolphins and manatee and learn some neat things. Now time to suit up. Groups of 12 at a time,,,I get VIP,,solo dive wow. Dive is great not just seeing everything,,but interacting with the people watxhing and at resturant,,,like a special CM,,,great time. Shower and meet wife. Walk thru the World again,,stop at the concert,,Flock of Seagulls,,flashback. Dinner at Rose and Crown with view of fireworks. Love tje new show. Extended hours tonight, so now do Remy. Head back with min lineup for skyliner. Great relaxing day. Hollywood tomorrow.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter