Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just want to post an FYI....I belong to the AM FB group and it was posted that effective June 1, Shell has stopped selling some of the gift cards they previously sold and that includes Sobeys/Foodland/IGA. Some others were mentioned as well (Cineplex, Home Depot) but I know some of us had planned to buy these gift cards. So that puts a kink in my AMEX AM plan. Looks like I will use my card for gas and if I haven't reached the $200 by the deadline, I will see if they are still selling the Indigo gift cards.

Thanks for the post, I was planning Home Depot gcs today, I'll post if they go through. I bought Home Depot and Indigo on May 31.

Anyone else mildly annoyed with the amount of $$ they must spend on those packages? Hubby used to work in the printing industry so we know the cost involved with producing embossed, glossy, heavy card-stock. And yearly cards??

***the frozen treat frenzy at Sobeys was the week of July 16 BTW. It was the first time we ventured that far and we spent $98.34 and snagged 527 AM (yes i keep receipts forever ... i have back to 2013, grouped, bagged & labelled. When you're self-employed it helps to track our spending!)
OMG YES!!!
When my Onyx cards came this time I showed my husband and we rolled our eyes. I don't need the darn cards to come in what basically is an elaborate wedding invitation. That doesn't make me feel valued Airmiles. What makes me feel valued is your promos working and crediting like they should , and speaking to someone who knows what they are talking about and can actually help when something goes wrong. So how about we throw my Onyx cards in a regular envelope and divert those funds to some more staff.. ones that can tell me when the STB airmiles will be counting towards our status or something. What a waste.

OMG YES!!!
When my Onyx cards came this time I showed my husband and we rolled our eyes. I don't need the darn cards to come in what basically is an elaborate wedding invitation. That doesn't make me feel valued Airmiles. What makes me feel valued is your promos working and crediting like they should , and speaking to someone who knows what they are talking about and can actually help when something goes wrong. So how about we throw my Onyx cards in a regular envelope and divert those funds to some more staff.. ones that can tell me when the STB airmiles will be counting towards our status or something. What a waste.
EXACTLY! If one is Onyx, believe me, they are online checking and know that already! Don't need extra paper to dispose of!

Oh. I meant to mention that the Canadian tickets are still there at 3250 for the 7 day and the 5 day at 2950. Same write up as before. So get thee to the cart isabellea.

Oh. I meant to mention that the Canadian tickets are still there at 3250 for the 7 day and the 5 day at 2950. Same write up as before. So get thee to the cart isabellea.

Weird but I'm relieved! They were gone last night and they are all back.

yeah...the DL tickets are back up....must have been a glitch in their system earlier today...

OMG! I woke up at 5:45 am, and could not find the WDW Canadian tickets! I was depressed at work for the entire morning!! Even students with Mickey hair buns were not able to cheer me up!

So glad the deal is back up, but I still need 4 AM for a 5-day WDW ticket. I should have gone to Rexall instead of Sobeys yesterday. It will take a while for Sobey's to post. If I go to Rexall today, will the AM get posted tomorrow or Monday? I just don't want to miss out the non-expiring ticket again after the horror I experienced this morning! What a great way to start a Friday!

Rexall has 100 Airmiles for $50 anything spending right now. You should take advantage of it. They usually post within 24 hours. If you buy $300 worth of things, ask the cashier to divide the bills so each one has $50 then you can have 600 AMs easily. You can stock up on kids snack, toilet tissues, unperishable can foods, etc.

Please note the Cdn tickets are not upgradable through bridging. If you can, try to get a few more miles and 7 day tickets instead.

Rexall has 100 Airmiles for $50 anything spending right now. You should take advantage of it. They usually post within 24 hours. If you buy $300 worth of things, ask the cashier to divide the bills so each one has $50 then you can have 600 AMs easily. You can stock up on kids snack, toilet tissues, unperishable can foods, etc.

Please note the Cdn tickets are not upgradable through bridging. If you can, try to get a few more miles and 7 day tickets instead.

Thanks! There will be lot of shopping this weekend!!

OMG YES!!!
Ditto.....I've said the exact same things to the lovely folks at AM via an email conversation. Told them it is disrespectful to the loyal members like myself who have been on board since day 1 to have to police their system.

To be totally honest I don't even need a new black card every year. Right now I have 2 sets of blue cards, 2 sets of gold cards and a set of black ones....all new and still in the envelope.

On the gift card front. I stopped in a shell yesterday to buy gas and decided to grab a grocery card since I was there. The clerk tried 3 different Sobeys cards and none would activate. She then offered me a refund or a different card. I got an Ultimate dinning card. She had no idea why Sobeys would not work.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! My number of dream miles is now at ZERO! As soon as I saw your post I went and bought my missing 200 AM and ordered the child WDW 5-day pass I was missing. I could have waited for my total to get to 2850 (probably in a month) but I'm really afraid the number of AM for this ticket will go back to full price. A WDW ticket at 45.99$ CAD in not bad imo...

Okay, so my Blue Friday math a couple of pages back was right out to lunch - doh!

Between one daughter and I, we spent $703 and got 1880 airmiles. My other daughter will be going later today, and should get approx. 1250am. Pretty good for one day.

I got a few good Sobey direct offers ,,,I think this is because I haven't done a full shopping there is awhile.

Spend 110.00 get 40 airmiles
1 box prime chicken strip/nuggets/chunks= 25 airmiles
Pizza Pop buy 3 get 20 airmiles.
Tropicana Juice buy 2 get 20 airmiles
Buy 2 lbs chicken wings get 18 airmiles
buy 3 classico sauces get 18 airmiles
store made meatballs spend $4 get 12 airmiles
Pure leaf Tea buy 1 get 6 airmiles
Compliments bread buy 2 get 7 airmiles
Smuckers jam buy 1 get 7 airmiles
Tim Horton Hot Chocolate Tin buy 1 get 7 airmiles

Hugs Mel

I still don't see Universal Studios Orlando tickets ---can anyone see them?
I do see Universal Studios/Hollywood/California tickets.
Hugs Mel

I still don't see Universal Studios Orlando tickets ---can anyone see them?
I do see Universal Studios/Hollywood/California tickets.
Hugs Mel

Same here. With the opening of Volcano Bay and the new tickets options to include this 3rd park, they are probably updating the options?!?

Same here. With the opening of Volcano Bay and the new tickets options to include this 3rd park, they are probably updating the options?!?

Hmmm ... I forgot about the new water park,,,it will be interesting as to how they will package this. Thanks for the reminder.
I am really only looking for U/O tickets for the future. Hopefully they still continue this reward.
I only have 1 or 4 needed park passes so far, but we are not going till at least 2019/2020.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I wonder how your cashier would have reacted with some of MY hunting trips then ... rarely do i earn less than 3 X the miles.

You must not be aware of the weekly coupons.. if you check the first post you *should* (read if i remember but it's usually there by Monday night) find a link to the weekly offer. This week it was spend $30.00 get 50 AM which you can combine with your load n go offers.

I don't see a link on the first page where we can sign up for weekly offers. And that's separate from load n go offers?

Does anyone remember in Mar or Apr when they had the promo if you spent $30/day at Sobeys, Shell, Staples (not sure what others) you got a bonus 10 am? It was for the whole month. I'm on Ontario. When and how will these be posted to my account?

Does anyone remember in Mar or Apr when they had the promo if you spent $30/day at Sobeys, Shell, Staples (not sure what others) you got a bonus 10 am? It was for the whole month. I'm on Ontario. When and how will these be posted to my account?

I'm not in Ontario but mine from IGA (Quebec) were posted 2 weeks ago and I got one from Shell just 1h ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter