Airmiles Armchair Chatter

ugh, i have the worst luck with blue friday specials lately! i missed the last one because i was in a rural area for a funeral. this time i'm out of the city again, more than 2 hours away. i could definitely pick up a decent pile of miles on friday, but i just can't make the trip in. here's hoping those of you who make it for blue friday pick up tons of miles. and that i'll be in the city for the next blue friday!

OK so for those of us in the east who can't do Blue Friday we can still play the game. I looked at the flyer and figure I would easily do 750AM if I was just buying things I would normally use. How about you?
You know the Duck loves a good AM game (side note how stupid is the massive Rubber Ducky for Canada's 150?!?!) so here's my total:

Spend $107.76 (we'll ignore any taxes) and i would snag 835 AM

Anyone else mildly annoyed with the amount of $$ they must spend on those packages? Hubby used to work in the printing industry so we know the cost involved with producing embossed, glossy, heavy card-stock. And yearly cards??
Can't say I'm annoyed about it, but the same thought has crossed my mind. The fact is that the Card stock and all the packaging really serves no purpose. The information is very vague and it is mostly black space and imagery.

OK so for those of us in the east who can't do Blue Friday we can still play the game. I looked at the flyer and figure I would easily do 750AM if I was just buying things I would normally use. How about you?

I just looked over the flyer and made my listS. I'll be placing three orders:
#1 - spend $105.88, 530 airmiles;
#2 - spend $114.84, 520 airmiles; and
#3 - spend $157.38, 565 airmiles.
Grand total - $378.10 = 1115 airmiles
(totals don't include gst, deposits or base airmiles)

Order #3 will include a $50 Sears GC for 75 airmiles, but can't use the GC in the spend $100 and get 100 AM total.
Some of the items will be duplicate non-perishable items for my daughter who is moving out July 1, and a few items will be for the food bank.

There's a link on the Airmiles promotion page for a contest from Goodyear. Prizes include a blimp ride (surprise!) and a bunch of Airmiles You can enter daily until June 6th

Goodyear contest

I just purchased a $100 gift card at shell today. I asked about the 7x am promo and they knew about it and they swiped my card but the am we're not on my receipt? Is that normal? Then I noticed my receipt is "macs" not shell. Did I lose the airmiles? :(
Update...I went back today on my lunch with a friend who was getting gas and asked them why my airmiles info isn't on my receipt. The owner was there and told me they should have told me there are no airmiles on gift cards allowed :worship:
I told her the cashier told me I was getting them so she adjusted it and gave me the 70 airmiles this time. But I won't be able to purchase further gift cards there and get airmiles :headache:

Just looked at the Sobey's flyer for next week, and the maple leaf shaped burgers on the first page are only $6.99 at Freshco...yes, you don't get AM at Freshco but you do save money...I bought a box today at Freshco as a joke and am going to grill one tonight to see if it keep its shape

I know a few of us signed up for the AMEX 400 bonus AM deal that starts today for spending $200 at Shell and charging it to your AMEX...since the 7X the AM deal is on until June 4, do you think you could buy $200 worth of GC and charge it to your AMEX? If so, not only would you get the 400 bonus AM but you would also get the 7X AM deal for the gift cards.

I know a few of us signed up for the AMEX 400 bonus AM deal that starts today for spending $200 at Shell and charging it to your AMEX...since the 7X the AM deal is on until June 4, do you think you could buy $200 worth of GC and charge it to your AMEX? If so, not only would you get the 400 bonus AM but you would also get the 7X AM deal for the gift cards.
That's our plan since there is like zero possibility of us squeezing $200.00 worth of gas into our Honda Fit!! The fine print says the store has to have gas as it's primary business (don't have the exact wording) so if it's a station that isn't attached to a store that has a different name (someone said Macs i think??) we *should* be good.

That's our plan since there is like zero possibility of us squeezing $200.00 worth of gas into our Honda Fit!! The fine print says the store has to have gas as it's primary business (don't have the exact wording) so if it's a station that isn't attached to a store that has a different name (someone said Macs i think??) we *should* be good.

My store is definitely a Shell....it has been there forever...it has a small Circle K store, a car wash and the gas pumps...it is the only place I get gas...yes, I am a little OCD so the staff there know me. I might be able to use $200 in fuel but I leave on a DCL Alaskan cruise the middle of July...

I will stop in tomorrow while I am out running errands and report back.

I called up Amex the other day to ask as my Shell is attached to a Macs Milk and they said it would be fine. They aren't worried about the small stores, it's big stores like a Canadian Tire gas outlet which is outside a Canadian Tire store. At least that's what the guy told me.

Is anyone else having problems seeing Disney tickets on there? I'm going to be so annoyed if they've dropped that reward!

Just want to post an FYI....I belong to the AM FB group and it was posted that effective June 1, Shell has stopped selling some of the gift cards they previously sold and that includes Sobeys/Foodland/IGA. Some others were mentioned as well (Cineplex, Home Depot) but I know some of us had planned to buy these gift cards. So that puts a kink in my AMEX AM plan. Looks like I will use my card for gas and if I haven't reached the $200 by the deadline, I will see if they are still selling the Indigo gift cards.

Is anyone else having problems seeing Disney tickets on there? I'm going to be so annoyed if they've dropped that reward!

I'm not seeing them there either. Maybe they have taken it down to change the point value and it will come back up again at a new point value.

Grr!Today I was going to buy 200AM (45$) to get the last WDW I need before the special was going away (even had everything in my AM cart yesterday!!!!). I guess it won't happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter