• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks for posting Mel

This has probably been asked before but refresh my tired mind please...can I stack this buy 10 get 150 AM with my Mega Miles coupon at Foodland?

Hi Hon
I was able to stack the Mega Miles Foodland spend $60.00 get 20 bonus airmiles and other airmiles deals last weekend so i think you can.
Hugs Mel

Anyone have trouble with the 110 AM coupon from Rexall today? It showed on the register but did not show any points. Manager said they would give me the points if it didn't show up on my account.

Rexall's Flyer is up on their site. This weekend's deal is spend $50.00 get 100 AM so if you don't make it out today you'll only be missing out on 10 AM. Quick scan and the offers that stood out for me are:
Spend $15.00 on Hallmark products get 30 AM --- noticed last trip that they had a great deal that included a bag, tissue & a card that i'm thinking would be nice to have on hand
Buy any 2 sunscreen products and get entered into a draw for 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 AM currently most on sale and buy 2 of their brand get 10 AM
A bunch of their snack items are on sale and have bonus miles -- i got addicted to the chocolate covered nuggetty things during the STB promotion :P
Rexall flyer May 12th - 18th

Another e-mail with yet another offer .. this one can lead to multiple levels of double dipping!
upload_2017-5-11_16-43-58.png
Cash in some miles and get some bonus miles .... turn around and use to e-gift card thru the Airmiles shop and earn extra miles AND it will count towards your MM coupon total of $150.00

Terms and Conditions
* Offer valid until May 21, 2017. Valid only for use of AIR MILES Cash Miles towards a Hudson’s Bay eGift Card. Get 10 Miles when you get a $10 eGift Card, OR get 20 Miles when you get a $20 eGift Card, OR get 50 Miles when you get a $50 eGift Card. The eligible 10, 20 or 50 Bonus Miles will be awarded to your Collector Account within 30 days of using your Cash Miles to get a Hudson’s Bay eGift Card. Limit of one offer per AIR MILES Collector Account, and valid for one transaction only.*

Much better than last time they had this offer -- i had to wait 120 days to be able to chase it down!

We were just at Sobey's using our booklet coupons. (Got Sobey's and 3 online stores so won't be getting the 50 bonus miles though). Anyway we used a bunch of coupons but only two of them worked. I was stopped looking at the bill when one of the cashiers comes up to me and asks 'the coupons didn't post? Come with me we just got a memo about it". So she went through the bill and the coupons and gave us back the money that we were owed since two of the coupons were percentages off and then she gave us the miles that were missed plus the 25 miles for using 4 coupons in one transaction. So my advice is to check carefully your bill before you leave the store and go to customer service if something doesn't work. Or if you shop there often they will come to you to fix the problem. :) Really can't complain about the customer service that we get at the Sobey's we shop at.

We also noticed that if you buy 3 cans of St. Huberts soup you get 25 airmiles. The soup is $2.49/can. Also the buy 10 get 150 airmiles seems to be for more than just cereal although the cereal is the cheapest. We saw pillsbury grands as part of the promotion as well as yoghurt.

Might have to shop at Metro next week to get an ultimate dining card as we like Swiss Chalet every once in a while.

My Sobeys wouldn't add the missing miles last time but they have in the past. They say it's an airmiles problem
We were just at Sobey's using our booklet coupons. (Got Sobey's and 3 online stores so won't be getting the 50 bonus miles though). Anyway we used a bunch of coupons but only two of them worked. I was stopped looking at the bill when one of the cashiers comes up to me and asks 'the coupons didn't post? Come with me we just got a memo about it". So she went through the bill and the coupons and gave us back the money that we were owed since two of the coupons were percentages off and then she gave us the miles that were missed plus the 25 miles for using 4 coupons in one transaction. So my advice is to check carefully your bill before you leave the store and go to customer service if something doesn't work. Or if you shop there often they will come to you to fix the problem. :) Really can't complain about the customer service that we get at the Sobey's we shop at.

We also noticed that if you buy 3 cans of St. Huberts soup you get 25 airmiles. The soup is $2.49/can. Also the buy 10 get 150 airmiles seems to be for more than just cereal although the cereal is the cheapest. We saw pillsbury grands as part of the promotion as well as yoghurt.

Might have to shop at Metro next week to get an ultimate dining card as we like Swiss Chalet every once in a while.

Your store was a little kinder than the one I went to. 1 out of 4 coupons worked, they gave me the missing points, they also "got the memo" but wouldn't honour the 50% off frozen broccoli so I'm out $1.50. But I spent $60 and came home with 227am and a $10 gc so I'm happy.

Btw, the store had a sign up for the Fibre One bars, b10 get 150am expiring 6/1. So it must be part of the monthly am promo.

Did my Rexall hunting eerrr shop, yeah right SHOPPING trip this evening and it was an interesting adventure! The new flyer starts tomorrow and they had already gone around the store and pulled the sale signs down so i needed to find a flyer and compare items and cross my fingers that the items i was planning on getting still had bonus offers.

Spent $80.59 so I could meet my loadngo offer -- the more you spend the higher it gets -- and i think that's the closest I've come yet!
Successfully used:
One day coupon --110 AM
MM coupon -- 15 AM
Numerous on shelf bonuses --11 AM
LoadnGo -- Spend $80.00 get 100 AM
100 Benadryl get 20 AM
Spend $10 on oral care get 5 AM (there's a mouthwash i need that was on SALE for $15)

Total miles snagged --- 265 not bad!

Anyone have trouble with the 110 AM coupon from Rexall today? It showed on the register but did not show any points. Manager said they would give me the points if it didn't show up on my account.

Shopped tonight and mine is listed on the receipt and the total is correct. I'll see what happens tomorrow at 9am when they usually post.

Just opened an e-mail with coupons for Metro (not my regular weekly ones) and it includes one for use 95 Cash miles get 10 AM, eventually i'll chip away at all of those STB miles!

I got this too, pretty happy about it:
10am wus $20
7am wus $5 fresh vegetables (I think it worked on fruit last time if I recall correctly, I didn't read it correctly lol)
10am when you use 95 cash miles

How long does it typically take Foodland to post AM? I know I got the miles on my receipt - but have had zero miles from the shopping trip (on Sunday) show up yet. I changed from Cash to Dream Miles on Sunday night so curious which it will post under.

How long does it typically take Foodland to post AM? I know I got the miles on my receipt - but have had zero miles from the shopping trip (on Sunday) show up yet. I changed from Cash to Dream Miles on Sunday night so curious which it will post under.
I've had Foodland miles posts withing a week but some of the bonus offers (the Gift card specifically) took closer to a month. When you change your miles from one type to the other it will kick in at 3 am that night. So in your case your Foodland miles will post as Cash miles -- they will post according to what you had it set at the time of purchase NOT when it finally shows on your account. If you look at your transaction record you'll notice that the date is the day you shopped.

I've had Foodland miles posts withing a week but some of the bonus offers (the Gift card specifically) took closer to a month. When you change your miles from one type to the other it will kick in at 3 am that night. So in your case your Foodland miles will post as Cash miles -- they will post according to what you had it set at the time of purchase NOT when it finally shows on your account. If you look at your transaction record you'll notice that the date is the day you shopped.

Perfect - all very useful information. I never imagined it could take so long to post.

Perfect - all very useful information. I never imagined it could take so long to post.
It only took that long the 2 times they had the gift card offer -- buy a $150 card and get 150 AM. All of my "regular" trip posted within a week

A couple of updates to share with my fellow AM hunters! Just completed an on-line chat with someone who actually knew her stuff and was not only able to answer my questions BUT post some missed miles!

Anyone who's having trouble with the coupons you received either thru e-mail or in the mail for Foodland/Sobeys that included several miles bonus as well as % off products, they are aware that many of us are having problems and she credited my account instantly!

AND because she was being super helpful I asked about the STB Gold/Onyx tracker:

Joyce: Oh wow ! I must ask you about the online chat group you maintain :) But thanks again for all your effort in taking advantage of these promotions and making sure the Miles are posted. That's hard work ! And we definitely appreciate your efforts! As for when those Miles will be counted towards the Onyx status .. there was an issue in the Onyx tracker that's being worked on. Rest assured all the Shop the Block bonus Miles will be counted towards your 2018 Onyx status
Joyce: They're hoping to have it show on the tracker by the end of May

There are 2 new coupons on-line within the Ontario region:
Sobeys/Urban Fresh : Use 95 AM and earn 25 AM Valid May 19th - 21st

This will give those of you who didn't get your earning profile switched around in time for last weekend to take advantage!

I've been using my BMO credit card the past week trying for 25 transactions to count as one MegaMile partner. I've actually been surprised how well it is going, and I am half done. Granted, I broke my David's Tea transaction yesterday into two and DH had an emergency dentist appt on Monday. Today I get the "we've just upped the limit on your credit card letter." :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter