• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question for those who track gold and onyx status. I looked at where they said I was for the year (just over 4000 AM) but when I add up the totals from each month (January to August), I end up with 5899 AM. I know that is not yet at Onyx, but am wondering if others have seen this and if you have an explanation?

I understand if things like surveys don't count, but I am pretty sure I haven't earned 1800 AM in surveys! I am thinking about calling once I actually cross the 6000 mark (according to the monthly totals) and see if I can get an answer on this.
My only guess is that they haven't entered the totals for August on their end yet? I'm not sure. I didn't track it at all.. it just showed up one day. I would keep an eye on it and call if it doesn't straighten itself out after a little while.

I've played twice on my iPad but lost out on the multiplier because of bad math. Not mine. 50x3

Same with me. I thought it was because I did it on my tablet so was intending to use my Desktop next time.

Now they have written instructions for the math question, lol. They write it in steps so no order of operations is needed.

1. Multiply 5 times 60
2. Add 20 to the answer from step one
3. Divide the answer from step two by 2
4. Subtract 6 from the answer to step three

It's not looking like it's going to be a very good airmiles week for me. I might be able to sneak out 100 at Sobey's. I can't see the Kraft deal in the flyer well enough to read it online. Can anyone tell me how many items need to be purchased under the Kraft/Heinz easy meal solutions to get the 50 airmiles?

I still don't see the Foodland miles, but I assume they are on the way sometime today.

3 of the products for 50 AM

I thought the Campbell's soup one looked good too, 3 cans at 1.39 each for 20 AM. We use the condensed soups in the crock pot in winter, and I like to have a few cans of chicken noodle on hand for cold/flu season. And also for food drives at my son's school.

3 of the products for 50 AM

I thought the Campbell's soup one looked good too, 3 cans at 1.39 each for 20 AM. We use the condensed soups in the crock pot in winter, and I like to have a few cans of chicken noodle on hand for cold/flu season. And also for food drives at my son's school.
Thank you! I think you're right. We don't go through much condensed soup but it's nice to have some on hand for just the reasons you mentioned. :)

Sobeys Flyer
http://www.sobeys.com/en/flyer/?f=888

My Sobeys shopping list (Chilli, Spaghetti, lasagna,and casserole dishes).
50 ways to use a jar of pasta sauce
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-things-to-make-with-pasta-sauce.html
18 Jars of Pasta sauce x $1.99 =$35.82
= 300 airmiles
Splitting sauce between myself and sister.
I will be checking out the types of soup they have for 1.39 ,we use a fair amount of the cream of mushroom and cream of broccoli.

Foodland flyer
http://ontario.foodland.ca/flyer/
nothing at Foodland for me this week.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Question for those who track gold and onyx status. I looked at where they said I was for the year (just over 4000 AM) but when I add up the totals from each month (January to August), I end up with 5899 AM. I know that is not yet at Onyx, but am wondering if others have seen this and if you have an explanation?

I understand if things like surveys don't count, but I am pretty sure I haven't earned 1800 AM in surveys! I am thinking about calling once I actually cross the 6000 mark (according to the monthly totals) and see if I can get an answer on this.

1. Surveys count in my totals. The only things I have noticed that aren't were the Megan Trainor contest and a bonus from AM for signing up for online notices.
2. They update the "ONYX/Gold" status Monday morning. If you look before then you will have timing differences with anything that has posted since last Monday.
If you had a good week a week and a half ago that could be your difference. I have my account status reconciled down to the Airmile.(it's just something I have to do:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:)

I won't be doing the soup deal -- that's NOT a good price for the soup and i can't justify spending more than i would normally when i stock up (gotta be less than a $1/can for the duck) But something did catch my eye!
Imodium is $16.99 for the box of 20 instant dissolve buy 2 get 30 AM -- hubby has IBS so we go thru TONS of that and anything less than a $1/pill is excellent!! So we'll probably snag about 4 of those (they are great to stash in your park bags BTW --- really do work in a hurry and not much worse than having to run to the bathroom constantly in a theme park, trust me we know!!)

Should be a pretty decent weekend for us. OH i forgot to mention yesterday

Staples -- earbuds for $9.89 -- get 10 AM fits our 1/1 ratio and hubby lost his last trip. Good for the plane!

Anyone else experiencing weird posting of AM from Foodland and Sobey''s. Foodland hasn't posted the gift card bonuses but they did post my shopping. Sobey's only posted part of one shopping trip. I know it's early and it may all be sorted out by tomorrow it's just a little odd usually things post correctly the first time.
Yes! I didn't get my gc bonuses (although they were definitely on my receipt), and Sobey's hasn't posted anything yet, but then, I shopped on Sunday, so I probably have to wait until next week for those to show up. I wanted to move my little piggie along faster! LOL Still need to pop into Foodland and buy 2 more gift cards!

I think we may be waiting an extra week for the Foodland GC to post. Given that they have put a limit on the # allowed we probable have to wait until the end of the promotion before they post (It's like they don't trust us to only purchase 5).

Oops! Forgot to add.....I needed AM so bad that I booked a November cruise with Holland America yesterday! :rotfl:
Congrats!! We're cruising in the Caribbean with Holland America on Boxing Day with my extended family! I've never been on a HAL cruise but my parents have and said they are very nice. :)

Oops! Forgot to add.....I needed AM so bad that I booked a November cruise with Holland America yesterday! :rotfl:
Nothing like taking one for the team!

I just got an AMAZING e-mail from Airmiles --- if i use my Mastercard throughout September and spend $3,000 on any purchase i'll get 600 AM
I'd love to share this but from T & C on the offer 1. This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES MasterCard cardholder who received this email.

Rexall's looking pretty good for us this week -- vitamins BOGO 50% plus spend $30.00 get 50 AM easy-peasy in this old-folks home :P plus several other things we use are on sale! Might try to do the 100 bonus for beauty items on Sunday (not me but both D-I-L's use a bunch and stocking time is arriving)

I see Shell has 7X points on convenience store purchases. Is this the deal people were talking about in the spring - that you could get gift cards for restaurants and grocery stores from there? Although I thought it was 10X the points previously.

Nothing like taking one for the team!

I just got an AMAZING e-mail from Airmiles --- if i use my Mastercard throughout September and spend $3,000 on any purchase i'll get 600 AM
I'd love to share this but from T & C on the offer 1. This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES MasterCard cardholder who received this email.

Rexall's looking pretty good for us this week -- vitamins BOGO 50% plus spend $30.00 get 50 AM easy-peasy in this old-folks home :P plus several other things we use are on sale! Might try to do the 100 bonus for beauty items on Sunday (not me but both D-I-L's use a bunch and stocking time is arriving)

Darn wish I received that email. With back to school stuff, payments for kids activities, new glasses for me and dd, I would easily hit that in Sept. Although I've received bonuses before from MC and I had no idea what from, so maybe I will get lucky!

Safeways looking not bad this week as well, bonus on TP and cheese and milk again all at good prices so I should get at least 150 on a $40 purchase.

Sobeys Flyer
http://www.sobeys.com/en/flyer/?f=888

My Sobeys shopping list (Chilli, Spaghetti, lasagna,and casserole dishes).
50 ways to use a jar of pasta sauce
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-things-to-make-with-pasta-sauce.html
18 Jars of Pasta sauce x $1.99 =$35.82
= 300 airmiles
Splitting sauce between myself and sister.
I will be checking out the types of soup they have for 1.39 ,we use a fair amount of the cream of mushroom and cream of broccoli.

Foodland flyer
http://ontario.foodland.ca/flyer/
nothing at Foodland for me this week.

Hugs Mel
Darn! So wish that Sobeys was closer to us. Foodland has the Buy Any 3 and get 50AM, and DH is always buying Philadelphia Cream cheese, so that's a good one. Fridge, freezer and chest freezer full. We'll see what my personal email tomorrow brings. I've done well with the personal bonuses lately-whether AM or %off.

Darn wish I received that email. With back to school stuff, payments for kids activities, new glasses for me and dd, I would easily hit that in Sept. Although I've received bonuses before from MC and I had no idea what from, so maybe I will get lucky!

Safeways looking not bad this week as well, bonus on TP and cheese and milk again all at good prices so I should get at least 150 on a $40 purchase.
This one will only work if you click on the link in the email to "activate it' Perhaps you could try calling AM and inquire as to why you didn't get it?

So just back from Canada's Wonderland on our great 1AM deal. Thats the only way I think I can justify CW. $20 for parking, but we took a picnic. I want to thank those who brought this deal to all of our attention(Ottawamom I think), and a special to Damo for getting us 2 additional tickets. Great day, hope others were able to take advantage.

I see Shell has 7X points on convenience store purchases. Is this the deal people were talking about in the spring - that you could get gift cards for restaurants and grocery stores from there? Although I thought it was 10X the points previously.

Hi Hon
See below. I am assuming they mean "Shell Gift Cards as in all the Gift Cards they sell BUT I would call airmiles to double check this,,,after all they don't say "Tim Horton's Gift cards etc.
Hugs Mel

From the Airmiles site
Terms and Conditions

* Offer valid from August 29, 2016 to November 6, 2016 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC and NT. Get 7x the AIR MILES Reward Miles on your Convenience Retail Purchases. No fuel purchase required. Bonus Offer applies to the Base Mile Offer of 1 Mile for each $10 of in-store purchase (maximum $100) per transaction only. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented at time of purchase. No coupon required. In-store purchase excludes Shell Gift Cards, tobacco products and Service Bay repairs. Shell reserves the right without advance notice to change or discontinue this promotion at any time. Please allow up to 6 weeks post promotion for the Bonus Miles to be deposited to your Account.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter