• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My Foodland shopping today.
The Tim Horton ice capp 300 ml bottle is $2.49 each,,bought 15 of them.(Mocha,Vanilla and Regular).
Buy 3 get 60 airmiles. (2.49x3=7.47)

Villaggio bread, sausage buns, hamburger buns (buy three bread products get 25 airmiles)

Digestive cookies $3.49 each (buy two pkgs get 20 airmiles)

spent $53.00
got 347 airmiles.

Hugs Mel

Are those deals on all week. I might have to do a road trip to the nearest Foodland on Tues and pick up some of those deals.

Are those deals on all week. I might have to do a road trip to the nearest Foodland on Tues and pick up some of those deals.

Hi Hon
The bread one is on till Aug 25th I think.
The Time Horton's is in this weeks flyer . (Foodland)
I'm not sure about the digestive cookies.
I'm in North Mississauga so it wasn't to far to go to Brampton.
Hugs Mel

I'm in the car on my phone so it's difficult to type a lengthy reply . We are on our way to the cottage for a week with no internet though so I wanted to make sure to say thanks to everyone for replying to my questions . Lots to consider ! I really like the idea of the Marlin travel certificates and I will look into that if we go the free dining route . Then I could stick to cash for flights and look for the best price . Thank you and have a great week everyone !

My Foodland shopping today.
The Tim Horton ice capp 300 ml bottle is $2.49 each,,bought 15 of them.(Mocha,Vanilla and Regular).
Buy 3 get 60 airmiles. (2.49x3=7.47)

Villaggio bread, sausage buns, hamburger buns (buy three bread products get 25 airmiles)

Digestive cookies $3.49 each (buy two pkgs get 20 airmiles)

spent $53.00
got 347 airmiles.

Hugs Mel
:coffee: THANK YOU for posting your buy! I don't drink ice capps, but you gave me an :idea: We're having a shower in 2 weeks, and will play Robber's Bingo. I need some prizes. (Well, actually I HAVE prizes, but for 60 AM, plan B will be in effect. :D ) I didn't know that Digestive cookies were on, but they are one cookie that I like to have, so there is another 20. Off to update my list, and, since reading others' purchases inspired me, I'll be sure to report back.

We made a special trip to Sobey's yesterday (it means about 70 minutes RT) and managed to snag a fair number of deals --- biggest was due to them forgetting to take down the sign from 2 weeks ago on the Timmies Hot Chocolate -- grabbed 2 more.
Laundry soap (not my regular kind but fine for towels & sheets in the spare room) 7.99 --10 AM
Bicks pickles 2.99 ea -- buy 2 - 10 AM
Parchment
& wax paper 2.99 ea --buy 3 -- 15 AM
Apple drinking boxes 2.99 ea -- 6 AM (careful which one you grab some are buy 2 for the miles .. Allens just need one sleeve)
More water crackers 2.49ea -- buy 2 -- 20 AM
Becel Vegan Margarine (all on sale but only one we can eat and rarely on sale) 2.99 -- 5 AM
Some of the bread products 2.99 ea --buy 3 --25 AM

ONLY bought stuff on with AM (ok 1/2 a cantaloupe cause it was local!!) $$ 83 ---158 AM

Based on the AM you earned at Foodland we'll be making a trek either later today/night to a 24 hr location or tomorrow to one with civilized hours. We eat digestives and hubby loves the timmies ice caps! THANKS for the heads up

We made the trek to Foodland and picked up 6 of the Timmies and a few other things (that i can't remember and the receipt is waaaay upstairs :P ) We had wanted to get the iced tea i think it was spend $15.00 get 50 AM but they didn't have any.
We spent 25.00 and earned 128 AM -- great return but overall opinion of that store?? NEVER AGAIN ---dirty, cluttered, no carts with wheels that actually rolled and several things we wanted not in stock. We'll go if they offer the gift card bonanza again but to shop for food?? NOPE

Went to Metro today and picked up 3 packages of Kraft slice cheese -- not something we normally buy but hubby loves swiss cheese on his burgers and i really don't like it, so a smaller quantity is ideal -- 3.99, buy 3 get 25 AM

I did well! I got cookies (2x2.79=5AM), TH Ice Capps (3x2.49=60AM), BBQ sauce (2x1.99=3AM), Oikos Yogurt (2x3.49=7AM BUT I had a $2.50 off coupon :thumbsup2), Frozen fish (2x6.99=12AM), frozen individual meals (2x1.99=5AM), Angel food cakes (3.99-20%=5AM), Turnovers (1.75[50% off]=5AM). Ended up with 141 AM, used my AMEX and am happy because everything is stuff that I will use. On top of that, my Foodland discounts their meats on Sunday morning, and it was like Christmas. In the end, I have 3 meals of sausages, 4 of chicken, 4 of pork chops, 2 of steak and 2 of ham-all 50% off. :jumping1:

p.s. I'll probably go back and get some more Ice Capps later in the week for stocking stuffers-if the BB date is just a little later!

Congrats on all the shopping deals. We were out at a brunch in the south end of town so I convinced DH to drive a little further to Foodland. Picked up the Ice Caps (120AM). Then we went cross country to the Sobey's I usually shopped at and picked up some fish and the chicken leg deal (72AM). Not one of my better weeks but it all adds up. DH is 110AM away from getting his park ticket. (now if my tickets would only arrive (on back-order) from Florida). Then I can go back to collecting in my account.

Went for a Holiday drive to Foodland in Etobicoke--nothing with airmiles available at that store.
(Not a very clean store).
Went to Brampton and they were limiting the purchase of the Tim Horton ice caps--I could only get 12 timmies ice cap and I need 27 for back to work co-workers gift.
Oh well I will try later in the week.(still need another 15 of them).
Hugs Mel

Rant--American Express,,,
Thank goodness I am doing this just for the Airmiles because I wouldn't want them to be my credit card company.
My card got flagged first purchase--declined--called and was told 24-48 hrs and someone would call me.
Wait three days............................................
No call but did get an email saying the card was activated and good to go.
Tried using the card today ----$50.00 purchase--- ok at Walmart.
Next purchase at Walmart---flagged and card declined.
Went out to parking lot and called them--went through a lengthy security questionnaire and card released.
So I've now completed my Christmas shopping using this card and will pay it off.
No customer service skills with this Company.
Anyone know once you pay off the $500.00 how long it takes for the airmiles to get credited to your account?
Hugs Mel

Rant--American Express,,,
Thank goodness I am doing this just for the Airmiles because I wouldn't want them to be my credit card company.
My card got flagged first purchase--declined--called and was told 24-48 hrs and someone would call me.
Wait three days............................................
No call but did get an email saying the card was activated and good to go.
Tried using the card today ----$50.00 purchase--- ok at Walmart.
Next purchase at Walmart---flagged and card declined.
Went out to parking lot and called them--went through a lengthy security questionnaire and card released.
So I've now completed my Christmas shopping using this card and will pay it off.
No customer service skills with this Company.
Anyone know once you pay off the $500.00 how long it takes for the airmiles to get credited to your account?
Hugs Mel
They were the fastest to put the AM in for us. I remember the first statement. Sorry to hear, I still have mine just for emer, but will be canceling soon. No issues with ours. But come on you cant beat the bonus.

So sorry to hear of your AMEX troubles.

How quickly your get your AM depends on what your statement cycle is. I used my card 2X and my statement came out within 10 days of receiving the card. My DH received his card a day or two after mine. He applied two days after I did. His statement came almost a month after his first purchase (three days before my second statement). I don't know how they decide what your statement cycle will be.The credit from AM was posted to my AM account within two days of AMEX producing my monthly statement so they are quick on that front.

Anyone get their AM from the March Bonus yet? I will have to call tomorrow as the online query doesn't really suit this transaction.

They were the fastest to put the AM in for us. I remember the first statement. Sorry to hear, I still have mine just for emer, but will be canceling soon. No issues with ours. But come on you cant beat the bonus.

So sorry to hear of your AMEX troubles.

How quickly your get your AM depends on what your statement cycle is. I used my card 2X and my statement came out within 10 days of receiving the card. My DH received his card a day or two after mine. He applied two days after I did. His statement came almost a month after his first purchase (three days before my second statement). I don't know how they decide what your statement cycle will be.The credit from AM was posted to my AM account within two days of AMEX producing my monthly statement so they are quick on that front.

Anyone get their AM from the March Bonus yet? I will have to call tomorrow as the online query doesn't really suit this transaction.

Thanks for the information guys.
I've calmed down now and yes you can't beat the bonus airmiles.
Hugs Mel

I do. I'm just on the phone with AM now. They had a hard time finding it. We've gone through all my transactions and he is trying to find the code to post them to my account. PM me your email address and I'll forward you the copy of the email I have.

Good news. AM have just been posted to my account but it was a manual adjustment. Unfortunately that probably means everyone waiting for them will have to call and get them added manually.

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their "airmiles disney ticket" at WDW recently. It used to be you needed to enter the park using one day before you upgraded or the tickets would be considered discounted tickets and the upgrade would cost more. Anyone know if this still applies? I'm looking to change 5 day tickets to 7-10 days with hoppers in a couple of weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their "airmiles disney ticket" at WDW recently. It used to be you needed to enter the park using one day before you upgraded or the tickets would be considered discounted tickets and the upgrade would cost more. Anyone know if this still applies? I'm looking to change 5 day tickets to 7-10 days with hoppers in a couple of weeks.
Should be the same as always. Know what the price should be when doing it. I will be there in Sept and adding a day when there, so should only be about $15/ticket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter