airlines and liquids

alotachips

Mouseketeer
My daughter was just put on medication tonight for an ear infection. We fly out tomorrow. The medication is liquid and the bottle is over 100ml. How does that work with the airlines?? Do I pack it in my checked luggage or carry on??

My daughter was just put on medication tonight for an ear infection. We fly out tomorrow. The medication is liquid and the bottle is over 100ml. How does that work with the airlines?? Do I pack it in my checked luggage or carry on??

First, it has nothing to do with the airlines. The restrictions on liquids and gels apply only at the TSA screening points.

Regardless, prescription and OTC medications are exempt from those restrictions and can be carried through security in containers larger than 3.4 oz/100 ml. You still should put the bottle in a zip-top bag in case it leaks. At the security checkpoint, tell the screener that you have the medication and follow their instructions. They usually will have you remove it from your bags and place it in one of the bins.

Sorry to hear she is sick. I believe you can carry on medications as long as you let them know at the beginning of the line. You can confirm at the airport when checking bags or the airports website. Have a great trip!

I fly quite often and my experience is that it is not necessary to notify TSA about your medications. Just put them in a separate bag in a bin. Not once have I seen any problems doing this. Of course, feel free to notify them if you wish.

I fly quite often and my experience is that it is not necessary to notify TSA about your medications. Just put them in a separate bag in a bin. Not once have I seen any problems doing this. Of course, feel free to notify them if you wish.

That's what we have always done too. We put my Victoza pen and needles, my mom's vials of Humalog insulin, her Lantus pens, contact lens solution, nose sprays, etc in their own clear bag and put it in the bin with our 3-1-1 bags. They have never received a second look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter