Airline ticket prices!!!! What a deal..

TiggerInNY

Seize the Day
I just HAD to post this.....

We are traveling to "the world" in October. I purchased our airline tickets in January, I know, you're all thinking I'm crazy, but each ticket price was $211 (I thought a good deal). It's me, DH, DS 7yrs old, and DS 3 yrs old. Each have our own ticket. The total came to $844 for all four on Continental from Newark, NJ to Orlando.

Well....I just for the heck of it, looked at the price it would be for the same two flights that we have and the price today (7/10) was $5,616 for all four tix. OMG!!!!! Could that be for real??? That's a savings of $,4717!!!! Mind you I went on the Continental website. It may be cheaper on a different website. But still.....

I'm soooo excited!!! I can't wait to tell my DH how much money I saved us. I know there's cheaper flights out there than the original $211 that I paid, but that's what I have.

Just had to air my excitement. Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

TTFN,
Maria

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Maria--the airline industry doesnt seem to be hurting to me. All the rates I have found are higher than what we paid last year oin average of $20-$40 more per ticket. And we have to buy 5 (baby is just a year and we dont buy a seperate seat). :(

But glad you got a good price on yours. I bet dh will be happy you are a bargin shopper, lol. Otherwise his wallet would be hurting right now.

Ps--we will be there in Oct also. Tenatively Oct 5-14

I just got PIT/MCO for $160 for Oct 1 to 6, USAirways. That's the cheapest we've ever paid. It was running $190 but came down to $160 this week.

Cheapest I've ever paid was $440 Round trip for 4 of us from PVD to MCO last August on SWA using thier Friends Fly Free promotion. That averages out to $110 RT/pp

Don't you just love a bargain?! Good for you!

Congrats on your savings!

I got PHL to MCO for $170 RT each for 6 of us.
Last night I got a RT fare for 4 to LAX in Dec. for $293 each. That's the first I've seen it under $400 for a while.
I'm happy with my deals too.
Terri:bounce:

has anyone used this new ticketless travel how exactly does it work ???

still have some luggage to check ,

says something about just slashing either frequent flyer card or credit card ?
thanks cmatt :rolleyes:

If you do the ticketless travel just go to big desk where you check your luggage and they will ask your name, pull you up on the computer and ask for your ID. They will check your luggage and then give you a pass so you can get through the entrace to the gates-where they scan your purse, wallet, carry on, etc.
We always do ticketless travel. One less thing to keep up with :)

If that rate was from Houston to MCO it would be awesome. Is that a lower rate than you normally get?? The lowest I have ever been able to get with SWA was $172.

They had one recently for Delta that was $127 but it would have taken hours--like 4-5 to get there when it normally only takes us 2.

Last year I used USAir's kiosk at LAX. It was located off to the side of their main checkin. I bypassed a line that had to be an hour long! I simply swiped my Dividend Miles card, and it printed out my boarding passes(including PIT connection). There was a USAir employee there to tag and take my luggage. It was VERY easy. I'll use this anytime I can! Unfortunately, my local airport (IPT-Williamsport) doesn't have this. Of course it's so small it doesn't need it either!

lot better, than with tickets I agree, sent you a pm with all those 4 boys 2 is enough with all the baseball games

this summer 6 nites a week gonre to the ball park I think I still love it. :( cmatt

We have 6 headed to WDW for Thanksgiving. The total for all of us r/t was a little over $1k. I thought that was great, but after buying the tickets, I checked later on the website to see what fares were doiing. They were about $100. lower for the 6. I called SWA and they credited me with a $100 flight credit, totally transferable! The service and product is just really hard to beat with SWA...

I think mine are like that fun fares is that the ones you bought , I'll watch the fares if I can get a refund then :o cmatt

Originally posted by cmatt
I think mine are like that fun fares is that the ones you bought , I'll watch the fares if I can get a refund then :o cmatt

Matt, any fare, if it becomes lower, on SWA can get a refund credit, which they hold for future travel.

Talking about good airfares. I got 100.00 roundtrip pittsburgh to Orlando taxes included!!!

That I could ask you, you are the GuRu on this topic,

thanks again for your info cmatt :D

Originally posted by cmatt
That I could ask you, you are the GuRu on this topic,

thanks again for your info cmatt :D

Cmatt, you are entirely welcome. No, I am not a guru on this topic, I just spend WAY too much time on the SWA site. LOL.

We booked USairways in Sept. from Dayton to MCO for $160.00 a ticket (tax included). I'd say $5600.00 is WAY too much are you sure you checked that right?? We went overseas several times for a lot less than that.

I got my ticket through delta, on their website. But I will be flying on UsAir- I guess they merged?? It was a 2 day sale- just keep searching, things pop up all the time. My flight is direct and it leaves at 8 am. It was a steal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter