Airline Employees Discount at WDW

pilotwife_02

DIS Veteran
I saw somewhere that Disney offers special rates to airline employees. Has anyone ever book that way? It would save us $500, but we'd have to get our tix seperate since the "special" reservation number only books the rooms.

Pros? Cons? Did you have any trouble with your reservation.

And what will be the difference if we get our park tix on our own?

We did that in Feb and got a great deal at CBR. There is a special number that you have to call – they call it “interline reservations’. When you call into the main number, just ask for the phone # to interline reservations....otherwise they will act like they have no clue what you are talking about.

My dad is an AA retiree and they were traveling with us so Disney allowed them to book 2 rooms with the airline discount. It is usually about 40% off of the normal rate. I think we got CBR for about $80/night, which was awesome!

When you make the res you will be asked for a $200 deposit – balance due 45 days before arrival. Just like any Disney res. Then they will ask for a faxed copy of your airline employee ID…which will also need to be presented when you check in.

We had no issues at check in or otherwise.

Mom and Dad are going with us in July however, only for 3 out of our 7 nights so I just booked the 4/3 deal this time, which was still a great price.

If you can take advantage of the airline rate, do it! It’s a great way to be able to stay at a higher end resort at a low cost.

As far as the tickets, the interline res does not come with tickets so you can purchase them separately....either locally or online. We bought ours at our nearby Disney store.

Have fun!

I've used the airline rate several times and have never had any problems. The only con I guess is if you really wanted the Disney Dining Plan. You can't get it with the airline employee rate, at least you couldn't when I booked it. The savings on the room more than offsets that though. Everything else is great! You'll save some more money by getting your park tickets somewhere else. You can try Undercover Tourist. I've used them before and it was super easy and cheaper than Disney's tickets.

WOW! I'm so excited! :cool1: Thanks for the feedback!!

We're not doing to dining plan since we worked out where we'd go, what we'd do and it really didn't make a difference, and you're right, the savings offets it!!

Until we joined DVC, we always went on the airline Employee discount. You usually get free mini-golf when you check in, too! :rotfl: If you don't use them, keep them - they don't expire! We used passes I had gotten a couple years ago in Feb!

Oh, and if you're thinking about cruising - the interline number can book cruises. Usually DCL doesn't release their rates until a month before the cruise, but if there is a rate - it's usually an incredible deal! We had booked as a standard reservation (cat 9 - porthole) and were able to transfer to an airline Employee reservation (cat 5 - verandah) for an additional $80s total - and that included prepaid gratuities on the new reservation!! (And Disney is are already offering next April's repositioning cruises starting at $900-ish per person for an inside cabin!)

Yes - we often use the airline discount! How can you beat it?

Be prepared with where you want to stay and when - and be prepared to book right away - there is a limited amount of rooms available at the discount.

Other posters are correct - other discounts (free dining, etc) don't apply - but it's usually cheaper anyways. But I've usually gotten the mini-golf passes too. For theme park tickets - sign up with mousesavers for links to discount tickets :-)

They are pretty strict about needing you to fax a copy of your airline id and a letter from your supervisor stating you are an active employee within 24 hours of booking.

We're looking to go in September on the discount too - just checking how stand-by flights look.

Good luck!

I have been trying to fax my verification credentials for hours and the line is continually busy. Was this your experience?:confused:

We did that in Feb and got a great deal at CBR. There is a special number that you have to call – they call it “interline reservations’. When you call into the main number, just ask for the phone # to interline reservations....otherwise they will act like they have no clue what you are talking about.

My dad is an AA retiree and they were traveling with us so Disney allowed them to book 2 rooms with the airline discount. It is usually about 40% off of the normal rate. I think we got CBR for about $80/night, which was awesome!

When you make the res you will be asked for a $200 deposit – balance due 45 days before arrival. Just like any Disney res. Then they will ask for a faxed copy of your airline employee ID…which will also need to be presented when you check in.

We had no issues at check in or otherwise.

Mom and Dad are going with us in July however, only for 3 out of our 7 nights so I just booked the 4/3 deal this time, which was still a great price.

If you can take advantage of the airline rate, do it! It’s a great way to be able to stay at a higher end resort at a low cost.

As far as the tickets, the interline res does not come with tickets so you can purchase them separately....either locally or online. We bought ours at our nearby Disney store.

Have fun!

was this through Perx.com? My dad also works for AA and I use to work for AE. If i'm not mistaken, it was 50% off and only if there are availability. I stayed at POR and paid $75 per night. I could have gotten value resort for $40 a night but chose not to. I wish i would have gone more but life in the airline isn't all that gravy. You have the benefits but not a lot of time off haha.

nless dream, I see you are from my neck of the woods and you are going on your first disney cruise in a few months. Be sure to check out the cruise forum and if you have any questions just ask. You will have a great time.

nless dream, I see you are from my neck of the woods and you are going on your first disney cruise in a few months. Be sure to check out the cruise forum and if you have any questions just ask. You will have a great time.

Hi,

yes, i have been checking out the cruise forum and have learned a lot! Thanks, I can't wait! where about in NOVA?

Now I'm happy again! I've reserved my hubby and myself for AKL the first week in Dec. and the interline rate, while increasing every year, is still within our budget. Do you suppose the giraffes have missed us? This I know for sure (does that sound too much like Oprah?), my memory has me catching delectable whiffs of Boma even as I write this. Can't wait to see the Xmas tree in the lobby again!:):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter