• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airfares over Christmas period

LisaAJ

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone
Just wondering if any of you experts know whether there is ever any sale fares Perth-Orlando over Christmas/New Year?
I am thinking not but not sure whether to book as soon as fares are released of wait for a sale.
Also is there a cheap way to go? We are planning a stopover in New so am I better to book Perth to NY and then domestic flights from NY to Orlando?
TIA :)

Hi everyone
Just wondering if any of you experts know whether there is ever any sale fares Perth-Orlando over Christmas/New Year?
I am thinking not but not sure whether to book as soon as fares are released of wait for a sale.
Also is there a cheap way to go? We are planning a stopover in New so am I better to book Perth to NY and then domestic flights from NY to Orlando?
TIA :)[/QUOTE

After the 9th December is the most expensive time to travel. We normally leave the 14th December and buy our ticket when the fares are released. Have never seen the prices come down or sale fares.

You might need to wait until all the fares are released including the US domestic flights and then do the sums. NY to Orlando you would probably have to book separate.

thanks for that Colin ,it's been three years since we went at Christmas so we were wondering the Same thing. it was much cheaper in 2010-2011 new year/ Christmas period

will have to get onto it soon
thanks

Christmas is a buy and expensive time. We went to WDW in the first week of November and come back the day before thanksgiving.

The weather in Orlando is really nice in November. No heavy rain falls, and its not busy either. They have a lot of sale leading up to Black friday too.

I just dont think I have heard of any sales at that time. We wanted to go in Dec for christmas, but settled for November. They still had christmas decos up at WDW, and its a great time to buy christmas gifts during the sales.

thanks for that Colin ,it's been three years since we went at Christmas so we were wondering the Same thing. it was much cheaper in 2010-2011 new year/ Christmas period

will have to get onto it soon
thanks

I am not sure I would agree with it being much cheaper back three years ago. We have been to WDW nearly every year since 1994 and always leave near the 14th December, yes the price goes up but that is inflation!

If you can fly in late November I think this would cheaper.

Christmas is a buy and expensive time. We went to WDW in the first week of November and come back the day before thanksgiving.

The weather in Orlando is really nice in November. No heavy rain falls, and its not busy either. They have a lot of sale leading up to Black friday too.

I just dont think I have heard of any sales at that time. We wanted to go in Dec for christmas, but settled for November. They still had christmas decos up at WDW, and its a great time to buy christmas gifts during the sales.

I think LisaAJ is asking about air fare sales!

Thanks everyone. That was what I was thinking. Unfortunately I am a teacher and can't go outside of school holidays. My school is very strict on leave so have to wear the extra cost :(

I think I will book as soon as the fares come out. It's not until next year so we have plenty of time.

I have priced fares from Perth - Orlando and it seems more expensive that doing Perth - NY/LA/DFW and then booking domestic from there. I think I will do that.

Thanks everyone. That was what I was thinking. Unfortunately I am a teacher and can't go outside of school holidays. My school is very strict on leave so have to wear the extra cost :(

I think I will book as soon as the fares come out. It's not until next year so we have plenty of time.

I have priced fares from Perth - Orlando and it seems more expensive that doing Perth - NY/LA/DFW and then booking domestic from there. I think I will do that.

Last year we flew into DFW and out of LA when I was looking for this year it was about the same to fly into NY and out of DFW as just doing Perth to DFW.
We flew jet blue NY to Orlando the fare was only $99 each on a Friday.

Thanks WAMUMOF4

Can I ask who you flew with? Emirates seems the most direct from Perth and is mostly competitive when it comes to price but I think V Australia and Delta match up sometimes.

It makes me ill to spend so much on flights!!!

Thanks WAMUMOF4

Can I ask who you flew with? Emirates seems the most direct from Perth and is mostly competitive when it comes to price but I think V Australia and Delta match up sometimes.

It makes me ill to spend so much on flights!!!

We flew Qantas if you book the flights international from Perth although your still on your domestic flight to Sydney, bris etc you still get a 2 suitcase allowance and that was our main reason and they were actually the cheapest anyway. The first year we did the book te domestic flights separate flew to Sydney and went air pacific we loved Fiji we stayed as a stopover to look around and something on in Brisbane on the way home it suited us but I love the direct flight more and after missing our flight from Bris to Perth on the way home there is no way I would fly without it on 1 ticket if I wasn't having a couple of day Australia stopover.

VAustralia have had some good prices fom Perth of late but my problem is I don't want to get off an international flight on to the domestic and have to be bothered with buying the kids drinks etc on the plane I am tired and don't want to think about all that sort of stuff so if Qantas is the same price which it's been cheaper for us it's Qantas for us.
Emirates is by Dubai and the travel time 30+ hours it's only 19-21 with Qantas, depending what flights you pick.

I hear you on the flight prices my only reason for wanting to move back to the east coast was cheaper flights to the US DH said not a good enough reason :(

I does depend on how much you are willing to think outside the square I have found personally. Two years ago we went sydney lax direct (Virgin Australia) with internals to san fran and vancover. This time we are doing sydney orlando, miami and vancouver for only $200 more...... BUT, we are flying Air NZ with a 1 hour stopover in Auckland, staying a night in LA and flying direct the next morning. No, not ideal i will admit, but given direct flight costs into lax and afternoon/evening flights to get into orlando the same night, for a couple of thousand dollars, i am willing to spend a night in LA. We own our own business and Christmas it the only time we can 'shut down' for a month, so we too are slaves to the prices also!!!! If only people would stay at home for Christmas and not travel, our holidays would be SOOO much cheaper!!!:rotfl2:

Simtrack, we have a business too so we are spaces to that AND school holidays!!
I would be happy staying a night in LA if it was significantly cheaper but

(Sorry, stoopid phone!)

I haven't found any like that yet. Still have plenty of time so will help my eye out!!

Booking separate legs domestic, I did worry about the difference in luggage allowance so will have to keep that in mind!

Good information! We are looking at this Christmas and I have been wondering when the peak season cut off was.

We flew out on 9 December and that was the last day for cheaper flights. From 10 Dec the prices increased dramatically.

I feel for you Lisa, I am in the same position teacher and strict leave policies. I am also going in the Dec/Jan period this year, I was told the flights won't change dramatically but to give it a couple of more weeks before seeing if any slight changes are made to prices.

I have been monitoring these flights daily, there was an slight increase the other day, and they have jumped back up today.

I think it is going to be a matter of just biting the bullet and hoping you got a great deal.

Thanks for that, we have another year to go before I need to book but knowing the time if the year to book is helpful!!

Prices won't change much if anything they will go up. However the prices of flights for Christmas jump if you fly after the 5th of December. You can save lots if you fly before the 5th use the money saved to stay longer :)

Prices won't change much if anything they will go up. However the prices of flights for Christmas jump if you fly after the 5th of December. You can save lots if you fly before the 5th use the money saved to stay longer :)

I wish I could take advantage of going longer and saving, but my job doesn't allow for it. I am not finding some of the prices that bad though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter