Airfare..would you wait or book now?

scotty s

Mouseketeer
We want to fly out on Oct 5 for 4 nights during F&W festival. Cheapest RT air I have been able to find is through SW for $342 each. Should I grab it or wait and see if I can get cheaper flights. We fly out of san Antonio TX

That seems high to me but we usually get RT for under $200 (and sometimes $100) coming from TN to FL. I think SW has a price protection guarantee in which they will refund you credit toward a future flight if the price drops so I don't see it hurting anything too book as long as you are SURE you are flying SW. We find much better rates with other carriers even if we have to pay for our bags.

We want to fly out on Oct 5 for 4 nights during F&W festival. Cheapest RT air I have been able to find is through SW for $342 each. Should I grab it or wait and see if I can get cheaper flights. We fly out of san Antonio TX

I'll tell you what I did, then you can decide.
I booked the June trip to Orlando from Houston through SW back in March. After that, I kept checking back to the website every week starting from Tuesday (usually the day it posts sale). Then whenever I saw a sale on my dates, I called and reprice (No extra charge). I did that 3 times :)
They won't return the money though. It is in my account and I can use for future trips.
Still checking every week, but I doubt there will be anymore sale for my dates.
Love SW:goodvibes

Sort of in the same boat. We're looking to fly out Oct. 26 and are debating if we should book now or wait. Round trip is $395 per person from Milwaukee. That's really high compared to what I've paid in previous years for approximately the same time frame. I'm gambling that it'll go down a bit. Although, the return flight just went up $10 this morning. Not what I was hoping for. But sometimes Airtran does that, and then next week, they'll drop it back down. I usually book about 3 - 4 months out, so I'm going to wait a bit and see what happens. There are sill plenty of open seats on the flights we want.

We fly from Philly, and I booked 6 mos in advance at 220 RT. That was last month. It's gone up in price since then, so I'd book now.

We want to fly out on Oct 5 for 4 nights during F&Wto festival. Cheapest RT air I have been able to find is through SW for $342 each. Should I grab it or wait and see if I can get cheaper flights. We fly out of san Antonio TX

Hi I am from San Antoino but live in Laredo now. That seems like it is pretty high from SAT. I just typed in dates OCt5-9 on JetBlue out of Austin and its $279 per person. Agreed its an hour away but saves a bit of money that is up to you.

A good sight to check is www.airfarewatchdog.com

You stil have time to find good deals. Try yapta.com as well and hopefull you will find a good rate. If you find one snatch it they are hard to come by. Best of luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter