Airfare to London: OMG!!!

That sound good, but they only fly from EWR and if you buy this fare, it's only good until June 30th. They have an extremely limited flight schedule - good luck if your flight is canceled. Their business class seats are terrible; the worst I've ever seen. They are not lie flat; they are angled in three places! There is no partition at all between the seats, which I have never seen in a business class seat. They don't have a frequent flyer program either. Luton is quite far from London as well.

Personally, I wouldn't consider this a good deal.

Seats have 62 inches of pitch and are 26 inches wide. They also have a reading lamp, personal compartments and a power outlet. The airline touts the seats as reclining 180 degrees, but reports and photos suggest that these seats are in fact angled and of a rather outdated model. Still, it’s better than being crammed in coach for the trip.
Personally, even though they may not be the best Business class seats, they sound INFINITELY better than the 32 inches of pitch, and 17 - 18 inches wide you get in Economy! And for at least $200 less than Economy! To me, the only downside is the one flight a day thing. That is pretty scary if you miss your flight or they have to cancel a flight. For that much savings, an extra 25 minutes train travel to central London is probably worth it.

Sure, but are you considering the cost to get to EWR? Unless that's your home airport, you'll have to add likely several hundred dollars in airfare for that RT ticket from your home airport to EWR.

I think a better deal would be to find an airline which offers some type of premium coach seat and which flies from your desired airport. Here are two lists here of airlines offering these seats:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Experience/bestWclass_seats.htm

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/12/best-airlines-to-fly-international-premium-economy/

You'll get FF miles and have the security of knowing things will go a lot smoother if there is a problem with the flight.

Sure, but are you considering the cost to get to EWR? Unless that's your home airport, you'll have to add likely several hundred dollars in airfare for that RT ticket from your home airport to EWR.

I think a better deal would be to find an airline which offers some type of premium coach seat and which flies from your desired airport. Here are two lists here of airlines offering these seats:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Experience/bestWclass_seats.htm

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/12/best-airlines-to-fly-international-premium-economy/

You'll get FF miles and have the security of knowing things will go a lot smoother if there is a problem with the flight.
I know, in general you are right. But right now, plain economy airfare from my airport to London is costing $1750+ (and if you include the extra $400+ for most Premium Economy to London, you're looking at $2150 or more.) It sure isn't going to cost me $1150 to fly to EWR! I wouldn't do it due to the one flight a day thing, (plus, I've already purchased my air through Iceland air) but it might be a viable option for someone.

Sayhello

......I can bet you miss America West now Sayhello?.......Those were the days of cheap airfares.......

Maybe this all about London...but I got what I thought was a great fare from chicsgo t Copenhagen this summer to do the norway cruise on the magic. Just a little over 1000 on SAS and its a direct flight. Last year I paid over 1300 a person t get to venice for the Greek island cruise. And since we're paying for 7 people I'll take whatever I can get, especially if it's nonstop! BTW..saw someone was stopping in Iceland. It's a great place. Was there last year for about five days and took a tour around the country. Try to get out of the city for a tour and be sure to visit blue lagoon. Reykjavik Is a great city. Lots of good restaurants and fun bars. The cleanest country you will ever see. No pollution. And the people are beautiful.

I've been tracking the lowest roundtrip airfare from Ohio to London in mid-August for a while, hoping it would drop from the rather frustrating $1372 dollars it's been for the last few months.

Well, yesterday, it went UP to $1722!!!! :scared1: :eek: :crazy2: :sad:

I really, REALLY hope that this is a short uptick in the price. I'm going to be really upset if this is now the price going forward!

Sayhello

That is so intense. =/

Maybe this all about London...but I got what I thought was a great fare from chicsgo t Copenhagen this summer to do the norway cruise on the magic. Just a little over 1000 on SAS and its a direct flight. Last year I paid over 1300 a person t get to venice for the Greek island cruise. And since we're paying for 7 people I'll take whatever I can get, especially if it's nonstop! BTW..saw someone was stopping in Iceland. It's a great place. Was there last year for about five days and took a tour around the country. Try to get out of the city for a tour and be sure to visit blue lagoon. Reykjavik Is a great city. Lots of good restaurants and fun bars. The cleanest country you will ever see. No pollution. And the people are beautiful.
That's me stopping in Iceland. :thumbsup2 It looks fabulous! My only regret is that I only set it up for a day & a half there. Should have done more! I've signed up for a "Golden Circle Tour" that goes Geysir, Gullfoss waterfall and Thingvellir National Park. And I'm planning on doing transfers from the airport to Reykjavik that make a stop at the Blue Lagoon. And some wandering in Reykjavik & some shopping!

It sounds like my kind of place!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter