Airfare--Pigeon Forge?

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I have been checking prices on flying to Knoxville Tennessee. I would like to do a trip to Pigeon Forge, but I am trying to find a reasonable alternative to 13 hours in the car! However, airfare from my home town to Knoxville is even more than a flight to WDW! Holy Cow!

Is there a different airport I can check that my be less expensive? I have no idea where any airports are in the Pigeon Forge area, I was just guessing Knoxville would be the closest. Any other suggestions as to how I can avoid the long car ride and not have to pay an arm and a leg?:confused3

Flying out of Knoxville is not very cheap also, but fortunately we got back Air Tran for those Disney flights:thumbsup2 Many people here will go to Nashville to be able to fly on South West, but it is about a 3 hour drive from Nashville to Knoxville. The other way is Johnson City or Bristol, which is about 2.5 hours Pigeon Forge, but I have no idea about their filight costs.

The other way is Johnson City or Bristol, which is about 2.5 hours Pigeon Forge, but I have no idea about their filight costs.

Much higher than Knoxville. We often drive to Nashville or Atlanta to fly.

Look at it this way, there are few direct flights to Knoxville. Drive to the airport. Arrive an hour early. An hour to fly to a hub. An hour layover. Another couple of hours in the air. Wait for your bags and rent a car. You're easily pushing seven hours or more even with no delays. I'd drive the extra six hours to be able to carry as many bags as I want and avoid the other airport hassles. We drive when we can.

Sheila

didn't catch where you were coming from..but in Johnson City (TRI is the airport code) we have Allegiant Air to/from FL. Also they have Airtran and Allegiant Air in Knoxville and AirTran in Asheville, NC. I guess Nashville or Greenville SC might be the next options.:thumbsup2

We would actually fly out of Michigan--usually Grand Rapids, Flint, or Detroit. I keep checking flights to Knoxville, because I thought that was the one closest to Pigeon Forge. But I was hoping you guys would have other suggestions that may be a bit cheaper.

There would be 6 of us, so even with a big suv there is not a ton of room for extra stuff. And I like the idea of getting there quicker.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter