• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airfare from East Coast

I am hoping that the Canadian exchange rate will start making it look less appealing for Canadians to fly out of Buffalo. It makes our airline prices brutal at certain times.

I am Canadian and the exchange rate would have to be north of 50c on the dollar to stop us from flying out of Buffalo. Admittedly the flights out of Pearson are coming down closer to the US carriers when you factor in the exchange rate but our biggest problem is we just don't have the competition you have there and so Air Canada and WestJet can keep their prices high as long as the seats are filled. I booked Southwest (July 3-6) last Thursday when the appropriate dates opened up to LAX and for 2 ppl it cost me in CDN $676 and the best price that day out of Pearson was CDN $ 856 going to SNA. Where I live is just over an hours drive to Pearson and just over 2 hrs to Buffalo. I'd rather keep that $180.00 in my pocket.

Would I be crazy to haul my family of 5 on a four hour drive, across the border, only to then go through customs again later? We all have passports, so it's all technically doable.

I feel like it's a little crazy :)

Not crazy at all. We drive sometimes to DTW (Detroit) from SW Ontario and it is 3+ hrs of driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter