Airfare from Chicago?

We are flying out of South Bend about 1.5 hrs from you and the flights are usually right around 480. I've been watching rates for Aug this year to see when to get the best price for our Aug 2014 cruise. I read that the prices are best about 5 months out so maybe keep that in mind. For the 5 of us it'll be about 1900 all together which is much cheaper than 4k. I agree that smaller airports might help. I'm like you in that I hate to take the extra time to drive. Good luck! :)

Wow! I didn't expect such a great response! I will definitely be checking out Midway, Southwest Airlines, Kayak, and some of your other suggestions. Thanks for the great advice!!!

Check Allegiant Airlines. They fly the smaller airports. I think Rockford or maybe Midway into Orlando Sanford. Or Airtran out of Milwaukee.

This.
Allegiant flies out of Bloomington and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, also. They are currently advertising one way from Bloomington to Orlando/Sanford in August for less than $56. That includes all fees.

The bonus for most of these smaller airports in Illinois is free parking. You could save enough in parking and flight costs to afford a rental once you get to Sanford.

Ughh... wish I had seen this sooner.... we live 1 hr north of Twin Cities area and even checked flying out of Duluth, MN on Allegiant... cheapest we kept finding was $1200-$1600 RT from there of MSP. We just cancelled our Oct. cruise :( after planning and moving dates for sooo long. The airfare was the final nail in the cancellation coffin. I would have been willing to drive to Cedar Rapids for $56/ea way ticket prices! Even with gas and few hours drive time... still cheaper (and 1/2 day or less drive time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter