Air Transat - Thoughts?

Mickey's Best Girl

DIS Veteran
Hello Fellow Canucks.

I'm seeing many posts regarding flights and pricing so I know I'm not alone feeling the pinch.

WestJet and AC out of Pearson are very close to pricing me out these days.

I have noticed Air Transat have somewhat lower prices. Can anyone who has travelled with this airline let me know the good, the bad and the ugly - any experiences. Sometimes you get what you pay for. We are not high maintenance travellers. The only things I require is not to be bumped (unless extenuating circumstances of course, I'm not unreasonable). I just expect to get the flight and the seat I pay for.

We've flown Air Transat to Europe and to Mexico. On our Europe trip, we flew club class, which was almost the same as an Air Canada economy fare! The club class with Air Transat is really good - well worth paying for the upgrade.

When we went yo Mexico, we had their option plus included with our package, which is basically an economy seat with perks (snacks & drinks, etc). I was able to upgrade our seats to club class going down to Cancun, but coming back club class was full, so we had the options plus seats. Never. Again. Their economy seats are so tight, we were sitting shoulder to shoulder. My hubby is 6'3", and he was pretty tight for leg room as well. Also, the economy seats were so uncomfortable, my butt was numb most of the flight, and my back was achy/sore the day after our flight.

So, in my humble opinion, if you can swing club class for Air Transat, I'd say do it. If not, I'd definitely go with WestJet.

We flew them in October. We upgraded DH to a seat with more room because he's 6'2". I was able to pay for that during the check in process. I, dd 19, and ds 12 sat three across in regular seating. We all thought it was absolutely fine, even pleasant. The crew was courteous, and we have no complaints. We've flown many airlines... there was nothing noteworthy about this flight either way, and we wouldn't hesitate to use them again. The plane we were in was clean and newly remodelled. We didn't feel anymore cramped than Rouge.

They were fine for us in January. If you have kids, make sure you join the kids club. You get free seat selection for them, pre boarding and snacks for each leg of the journey. If The price was right I'd fly them again.

I have used Air Transat ( Orlando) many times and have never had a bad experience. Booked option plus and had our seats by the emergency exit doors / tons of space!!! Service was amazing - we boarded first and our luggage came out first as well ( maybe that was a fluke). The best part of air transat was the screen in the the seat in front. Last flights with Rouge and even West Jet no tv/screens. So I will continue to use Air Transat - where possible. You won't be disappointed :flower1:
Have a great trip!!!!

I have used Air Transat ( Orlando) many times and have never had a bad experience. Booked option plus and had our seats by the emergency exit doors / tons of space!!! Service was amazing - we boarded first and our luggage came out first as well ( maybe that was a fluke). The best part of air transat was the screen in the the seat in front. Last flights with Rouge and even West Jet no tv/screens. So I will continue to use Air Transat - where possible. You won't be disappointed :flower1:
Have a great trip!!!!
We had old school TV sets on ceiling in our flight. Entertainment was terrible but that doesn't factor into our decision who to fly. Just a heads up that you may get an old plane.

Traveled with AT many, many times. Never had an issue. We have had both econo seats and club class. The cost of club class now is ridiculous. I looked at adding it for a flight last August and it was $500 RT/person. I added option plus for the first time two years ago and thought it was a worth while add on. You get most of the cost of the add on back in food and drink. You also get priority baggage service which is really nice.

We have used AT out of YYZ and haven't had any problems at all. I would definitely recommend. We are using AT for our next trip also

They were fine for us in January. If you have kids, make sure you join the kids club. You get free seat selection for them, pre boarding and snacks for each leg of the journey. If The price was right I'd fly them again.

Thanks for this tip. We're flying Transat for the first time this summer (found a good direct flight at the right price). Seems like the kids club is a no brainer, but I had no idea it existed, so thank you!

This article gives you some great perspective of Air Transat's upper management's attitude of customer service:

"The 'Mexican game': How Air Transat misled passengers and aviation officials"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/fla...s-cancun-vacation-discount-airlines-1.4096090

Personally I am under-comfortable with the idea of crew messing around with manifests and the info they provide to TSA/ATC for security reasons. They are supposed to be accurate for VERY good reasons!!!!

That news is just so shocking. How can anyone fly an airplane knowingly there would not be enough fuel? They are counting they will find somewhere to refuel? What if there isn't? This practice essentially puts every passenger life at risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter