Air Tran Help

smep013

DVC Member
Hello Friends...

I have paper tickets purchased through WDW Travel.

Do I:

Need to go online at Air Tran to check in before my flight?
Need to print anything out from Air Tran's site?
Need to call Air Tran?

OR -

Do I just show up at the Airport with the paper tickets?

I am hoping someone who has done this (purchased paper tickets through WDW Travel) can respond.

Thanks all!

:thumbsup2

smep013 said:
Hello Friends...

I have paper tickets purchased through WDW Travel.

Do I:

Need to go online at Air Tran to check in before my flight?
Need to print anything out from Air Tran's site?
Need to call Air Tran?

OR -

Do I just show up at the Airport with the paper tickets?

I am hoping someone who has done this (purchased paper tickets through WDW Travel) can respond.

Thanks all!

:thumbsup2
You don't need to do anything except show up at the airport on-time UNLESS you wish to get assigned seats. No more than 24 hours in advance, go to AirTran's website and select your seats.

It's not that WDW Travel issued you paper tickets -- AirTran only does paper tickets, tickets that you actually need in your hand in order to board the aircraft.

CleveRocks said:
You don't need to do anything except show up at the airport on-time UNLESS you wish to get assigned seats. No more than 24 hours in advance, go to AirTran's website and select your seats.

It's not that WDW Travel issued you paper tickets -- AirTran only does paper tickets, tickets that you actually need in your hand in order to board the aircraft.

Is this true? I thought you could NOT check in online if you were issued paper tickets?

princesspwrhr said:
We've never had paper tickets with AirTran. Only e tickets.

Same here, only e-tickets.

SMEP013: What you need to board the plane is a boarding pass. Is that included in your paperwork? If you have a reservation/confirmation number you should be able to check in online and print your boarding pass.

ETA:

Sorry, SMEP013, I just found this on Airtran's website:

"Online Flight Check-In
Can I use online check-in if I have a paper ticket?

Passengers with paper tickets issued by their travel agent may not use our online flight check-in program. These passengers must check in at the airport."

So, it looks like you will need to wait till you get to the airport to check in and get your boarding pass. Sorry.

Thanks for all of this help.
I will take my paper tickets to the airport 3 hours early and empty my liquids from the carry-on bag!
Crazy World.

:confused:

Without an eticket you cannot check-in until you arrive at the airport. That's us WDW Travel paper-ticket folks.

But, depending on what type (fare) of paper ticket was issued by WDW travel, you may be able to reserve your seats through WDW travel ahead of time. For our next trip this December, we were able to reserve seats for our return home but not for the trip down. The return trip tickets were more expensive. Call WDW travel and ask if you can reserve your seats ahead of time. They will transfer you to Disney? "air help" and that person will place you on hold and check with AirTran.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter