Air questions on land/sea

willfire67

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first land/sea cruise in Dec 05, and have alot of questions. I see that Disney can arrange air transportation for us. What airline do they use and do they try to get early/non stop flights for you? Do you have a choice of what flight and with who?

Does AAA offer any discounts for a land/sea cruise and airfare?

Any other information from anybody that has done this and wants to share would be great!:sunny:

I'd try booking your own air, we saved about $800.00 by booking ours.

I believe Disney uses Delta but I'm not 100% sure.

"Waiting to live the dream"

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce: :bounce:

We booked our air separate. With our Land/Sea package it was going to cost us about 900 each (from California) booking with Disney, but booking it ourselves it was 346. Don't know what airline Disney uses but we booked Delta.

:sunny: I would book my own air. I was going to book with them (or should I say I did). I had heard that they can not guarantee a direct flight. I would be comming form O'hare (chicago). They could alo not gurantee an eary flight. I could be getting there late on the first day. They told me they buy in bulk on multibple air lines. I was also told I would not know what air line I had to a few days before I left. If I wanted a direct flight it would be more money. In my eyes what they were asking ws plenty for a direct flight. But as the saying goes to each his own. This is just my openion on there flights.

We got our air thru Disney. It was $400 p/p including all transfers. We might have saved some money, but if the flights are late the ship will wait for us. Or so we are told. This is from Grand Rapids Mi.

:sunny: From O'hare it was about 650 per person. I agree if the ship will waite. BUt that is if you are taking the cruise only. The land and sea you are coming from Disney. I found are Direct to Orlando for 3 people with American for around 630.00 for all of use not just one. I did American because when we get off the ship to go to the airport we do not have to worry about our luggage (once through customs) they will take it. All we have to do is check in.

Disney did our air when we did our first land/sea in 2001. We thought it would just be easier to buy the whole package, but I'm sure it was not cheaper than booking our own air. Disney makes no guarantee about times or connections... you just have to wait and see what they give you. Our flight down from Nashville to Orlando was fine... but the return was horrible. We had to wait at MCO for 3 hours before the plane departed, then had a 2 1/2 hour layover in Charlotte on the way back to Nashville. My kids straightened every shelf in 3 gifts shops on that trip back. We could have flown SW direct for much, much cheaper. That's what we're doing this time!

AAA might offer a discount, but I know we got a $200 rebate from Dreams Unlimited Travel (who sponsors these Boards) for our land/sea in July. We have been very pleased with DU.

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter