• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air Miles for Disney Tickets

Kat&Dom

DIS Veteran
Do you redeem Air Miles for Disney Tickets and do you feel it is good value for the Air Miles required?:wizard:

Yes! Definitely good value for the miles. I usually redeem for the 3 day base ticket child (or park hopper if I have the miles) for all 4 of us and then upgrade them all when I get there. You can upgrade child ticket to an adult ticket.

Yes! Definitely good value for the miles. I usually redeem for the 3 day base ticket child (or park hopper if I have the miles) for all 4 of us and then upgrade them all when I get there. You can upgrade child ticket to an adult ticket.

Has anyone tried upgrading airmiles redemption Universal child tickets to adult?

That's a good idea, to upgrade them. Extra days are cheap. If I ever decide to go room only, and forgo the DDP, I would do that. Thanks for the tip.

How many airmiles do you use for the 3 day child ticket and then how much cash does it cost to change them over to the required days that you need?

I don't know how many miles you need for the 3 day pass, but say you wanted a 7 day pass, you'd just pay the difference.

Disney will give you full value of the airmiles tickets - if you go in the park first! We always go to a park and on our way out I go to guest services and upgrade the tickets to what we need. That way they don't have a marked down discounted price - you never know what price airmiles paid for them.

I didn't exchange airmiles for Disney tickets but did for Universal and Seaworld tickets - good value for the miles, I thought! Great idea about upgrading though!

Disney will give you full value of the airmiles tickets - if you go in the park first! We always go to a park and on our way out I go to guest services and upgrade the tickets to what we need. That way they don't have a marked down discounted price - you never know what price airmiles paid for them.

It makes a difference if you use them first?

it may or may not make a difference.

It really depends on the CM you get at guest services. If they know to "upgrade" the airmiles ticket to a regular price ticket and THEN upgrade that ticket to the ticket you want, then it doesn't make a difference whether you've used the ticket.

If the ticket is not used, and the CM doesn't realize that they should upgrade it to a regular priced ticket first, than the CM will charge you the difference between the price that Airmiles paid for the ticket and the price of the ticket that you are purchasing.

For example, Airmiles buys a 3 day base ticket for $200 and the gate price for that ticket is $233. and you want to increase that ticket to a 7 day base ticket which is $249. IF the CM does it correctly you should only pay the difference between 249 and 233 so $16. If they do it wrong they'll charge you $49.

Basically using the ticket once, locks in the price of the Airmiles ticket at gate price.

HTH

I've done it and am ready to do it again. I got 5 day base tickets and upgraded to 8 day non expiring tickets. We have used them for 2 trips and still have one day left on them. I now have more than enough AM to get another batch of passes. I have been holding on but will probably order them soon even though we have no plans for this year. I'm looking at taking my DD on a girls only trip in January but DH just got a PIN and I let him know how nice a surprise it would be to take me for mothers day. :rolleyes1

Nice tip
we are going in April and are using AM to buy Disney 5 day pass .... but now I will buy a 3 day childs and upgrade at park...
Am i reading that right?

3 day Child Base pass = 1960 AM
Cash diff 3 day child base = $187
5 day adult base $228 ...diff of $41
not bad for 2 more days and upgrade to adult.

Theory sound good??

We already purchased our tickets before I found out I could have used Air Miles for them.

But that's ok. We use them every summer for trips to Africian Lion Safari, etc and use the money saved on admission for meals, etc.!

Dani

Nice tip
we are going in April and are using AM to buy Disney 5 day pass .... but now I will buy a 3 day childs and upgrade at park...
Am i reading that right?

Actually, you're better off ordering a 5 day pass from AM. I just checked their website and the 3 day child pass is 2025 AM, and the 5 day pass is 1960 AM. The adult tickets also take more AM for the 3 day than the 5.

Does anyone have passes on hand that they got from AM? I'm interested in what is written on the back. I think I remember an expiry date being there. If I remember correctly it was about 2 years after the time I received the tickets. I want to redeem for passes again but don't want to do it if there is a date on them. At this time the earliest trip I have planned will be around February 2011. Unless by some miracle my DH surprises me with a late summer, early fall trip.....if you see pigs flying you'll know I'm at Disney this fall. :rotfl2:

Actually, you're better off ordering a 5 day pass from AM. I just checked their website and the 3 day child pass is 2025 AM, and the 5 day pass is 1960 AM. The adult tickets also take more AM for the 3 day than the 5.

This is correct....for some reason the 5 day is fewer miles than the 3 day. My guess is that they ran out of 3 day passes and had to buy them at a higher price. Usually, at some point, after the anual price increase you will see an increase in the number of miles required.

:wizard:
Does anyone have passes on hand that they got from AM? I'm interested in what is written on the back. I think I remember an expiry date being there. If I remember correctly it was about 2 years after the time I received the tickets. I want to redeem for passes again but don't want to do it if there is a date on them. At this time the earliest trip I have planned will be around February 2011. Unless by some miracle my DH surprises me with a late summer, early fall trip.....if you see pigs flying you'll know I'm at Disney this fall. :rotfl2:

I have 2 AM child tickets 7 day (1 theme park per day) and all they say is that they expire 14 days after first use. No other expiry date on them.

The dates that AM bought them was 01/27/09 and 12/05/09. I ordered them when I had the AM so the buy date is quite a bit different.

I think I ordered the first one in August 2009 for 1,880 AM and the other one in January 2010 for 2,020 AM.

:wizard:

I have 2 AM child tickets 7 day (1 theme park per day) and all they say is that they expire 14 days after first use. No other expiry date on them.

The dates that AM bought them was 01/27/09 and 12/05/09. I ordered them when I had the AM so the buy date is quite a bit different.

I think I ordered the first one in August 2009 for 1,880 AM and the other one in January 2010 for 2,020 AM.

Thanks...that must be the date that I was thinking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter