air mattress ?

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
Going on a trip with another family. Timeshare is a 2 bedroom with pullout couch in the living room but dd15 does want to sleep in the living room by herself. Is there a good inexpensive air mattress someone can recommend??? What should I love for when purchasing one. I would like one with an electric pump or something that will be easy and quiet. And something that wont break the bank

Any tips or advice would be appreciated :)

BTW- we prefer to get the mattress that way the other family can stay up late or wake up early and dd wont feel like shes in the way. The other family has a lil one so sometimes they got up early 5am,6am,7am

Make sure you get one that has an attached air pump that runs on electricity. Using a battery pump or filling by foot pump is way too time consuming. We own two Aerobeds and love them. I don't think they are cheap, but they do last a long time (We've had ours both for over 10 years) and are pretty comfortable.

Aerobeds are quite nice ... and quite pricey. If this is only for occasional use, you might want to investigate camping type models from somebody like REI or Dick's. They generally cost a fair amount less and are less bulky to pack up and store. They won't last as long or support as well, but if it's only going to get used once in a blue moon, that's fine with most folks.

How much do areobed run under/over $100?

The ones that are not for camping are more than 100. My mom has one she bought it at bed bath and beyond with the 20% off coupon. It was still quite a bit more than $100. But it has been great we have used it more than we though we would and it is very comfortable.

I suggest buying the mattress and the pump (definitley electric) seperately. That way, you can use the pump for other stuff (bike tires, pool toys, Space Bags, etc). My sister just bought both at KMart. Walmart and Target also carry them.

The ones that are not for camping are more than 100. My mom has one she bought it at bed bath and beyond with the 20% off coupon. It was still quite a bit more than $100. But it has been great we have used it more than we though we would and it is very comfortable.

I guess if we get a decent or a good one we can use it in the future if we have guest spend the night. I just want to buy one that wont for flat after one or a couple of uses-lol!

Check out intex brand. I know amazon & Walmart carry them & you can get a twin for less than $50. I have one for occasional guests & I've taken it if I was crashing somewhere overnight- it's more comfortable than a couch or sofa bed.

Check out intex brand. I know amazon & Walmart carry them & you can get a twin for less than $50. I have one for occasional guests & I've taken it if I was crashing somewhere overnight- it's more comfortable than a couch or sofa bed.

Interesting that you should mention the Intex air mattress. Currently I'm writing from ours. Lol
Had to buy one for the time between getting rid of our old bed and having the new one delivered. This is our 3rd night and it's quite comfortable even with our old bodies.
It's a queen size, built in pump and it's a tall one so we're able to sit on the edge just like a regular bed. It only cost $39 and we're very satisfied with it.

Interesting that you should mention the Intex air mattress. Currently I'm writing from ours. Lol
Had to buy one for the time between getting rid of our old bed and having the new one delivered. This is our 3rd night and it's quite comfortable even with our old bodies.
It's a queen size, built in pump and it's a tall one so we're able to sit on the edge just like a regular bed. It only cost $39 and we're very satisfied with it.

Since I will be traveling , is the air mattress bulky when packed up? Do the mattresses come with a bag?

I have hand and wrist tendon issues but I've hauled this one around by myself it is bulky of course but it's not unwieldy. It does come with its own bag for storage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter