Air from Disney or do it yourself

joliejacqueline

Earning My Ears
Hi
We've booked the air with our cruise for Nov 11/06 and we are coming from Vancouver, BC Canada. We are in the process of deciding that we want to stay a few days maybe anywhere from 2-6 days prior to our cruise. With the Disney cruise they bring you in the day prior from the West Coast. Does Disney charge if you want to come into Orlando earlier to see WDW. If they do, is it better to do you're own airfare. What about ground transportation? We have ground transportation that costs $59.00 per person and we are 3 in our group. My husband and I experienced Florida in 1999 (honeymoon) and found out there are lots of toll booths. If we rent a car, does anyone know how many toll booths we will see. Would this be a better route to do with a car rental? ::MickeyMo

Hello, I believe the cost is 50$ to request to fly in earlier.Disney is almost always more expensive anyway...I would, and always have booked my own air...I love the ability to fly in when it works for us, and we always arrive earlier to be on the safe side...WE use a towncar pickup, but dcltribute.com is an excellent site with loads of information on rental cars, and maps, as well as many many other things..

Hope this helps.. :goodvibes

We have always booked our own air. I have read many complaints about using DCL air & very few compliments from Disers on DCL air. Most complaints are times of flights, not being seated next to family members & cost.

We rented a vehicle & it was much cheaper than doing the transfers. I think there is one toll from the airport to PC and it was not very much, ~$1.25 or so...

Thanks for the reply. We will go ahead and cancell our airfair with Disney and book our own and possibly take a rental car to the port, it sure sounds alot cheaper then the $59.00 x 3 US that we would have to pay :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter