Air Conditioning - what is yours set at?

This thread has been an interesting read!

We're at 77 or 78 during the day, and down to 74 at night. My DH and I disagree about the A/C all the time--he wants it off (at the office all day) and I need it on (SAHM). :sunny:

Ours is set to "off". :(

It's not working right, the A/C guy is coming tomorrow to look at it. I hope he can fix it (and that it's relatively cheap to fix), because it's very humid here in Chicago. It's not as hot as it was, but I just want to run the A/C to dry the house out, everything feels damp!

68-70 at home 70-72 in my office. My boss would have a coronary if she caught me at 68, so it is 70 with a fan.

Fortunately, this area is high desert and cools off the minute the sun goes down. Most nights the A/C at 68 and a fan in every room is enough for us. With the exception of DH, we all run warm to hot.

I would love a turbo boosted A/C for the car, that would be one of my dreams!

Oh my stars and garters! I'd die at some of these houses where they keep it in the high 70's during the summer. I absolutely cannot stand to be hot in the house!!!!! I love to be outside, out in the sun, but in the house it has to be cool. I also have to have it cooler to sleep, I cant sleep in a hot room, I get cramps and do not wake up a happy camper..lol

Its been cooler here this week and the windows are open right now but its normally 69 upstairs and 70-73 downstairs.

73-75 during the day, 68 at night. I cannot STAND to be hot when I sleep- I just can't fall asleep!

And if I'm working nights, when I come home I will turn it down to 68 during the day to sleep. So essentially- when I'm awake it's 74, when I'm asleep it's 68 ( I alternate working days and nights). DBF doesn't care nor pay attention so it's usually just me fooling with it!

73 during the day and 70 at night for the AC. Heating is 70 when we are home and 68 when we are at work.

78 - 80. I am home all day and usually have the ceiling fans on. Most days the slider to the pool is opened slightly so the critters can go out to the lanai if they want. If I get toasty - I hop in the pool!!!

With the pool pump my electric bills are running around $200/mo.

makinorlando said:
78 - 80. I am home all day and usually have the ceiling fans on. Most days the slider to the pool is opened slightly so the critters can go out to the lanai if they want. If I get toasty - I hop in the pool!!!

With the pool pump my electric bills are running around $200/mo.

3 pages and no one comes close to what we do but I could have written this post! :teeth:

78 when we are here, 80 when we are not - leave the slider open for the pups when we are here. This is the first month for us w/a pool pump but I'm guessing we'll run about 180-190 in summer months.

I'm surprised at the people who can afford to keep their house in the 60's!
I'd be miserably cold too.

Ours is set at 79 most of the time (and rarely shuts off even at that temp), but if people are coming over it goes to 75.

We just have two window air conditioners. I set them at 72, unless it is really hot outside, then I have them going full blast trying to keep up with the heat. We also have two ceiling fans to circulate air. I don't like it when the temperature in the house is above 75 at night, and I prefer it much, much cooler...around 65 is perfect.

lovetheparks said:
3 pages and no one comes close to what we do but I could have written this post! :teeth:

78 when we are here, 80 when we are not - leave the slider open for the pups when we are here. This is the first month for us w/a pool pump but I'm guessing we'll run about 180-190 in summer months.

:rotfl: So I am not the only crazy one!

If it's not the slider it's one window that I have taken the screen out of so the cats can come and go (to the screened lanai) the get the best of both worlds outside without the danger. They love to hunt lizards!!!

I always said when it was MY electric bill that if I wanted to run the AC with a window open I would!

You gotta have some fresh air - some folks in our neighborhood NEVER open a window (some barely the blinds) even in the "winter"!

Maybe I was raised in a BARN in another life!

I would freeze if the AC were set as low as some!

I keep mine at 78º when I'm not home, and try to keep it at 75º when I am. But it's been unbelievably hot here the past few days, so I've been bumping it down to 70º, especially at night, because I can't sleep when I'm hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter