Air Conditioning/heat question

Cyn

Earning My Ears
Help me out he, I have a very sensitive nose and everytime I sleep in a hotel room with those individual units, I get the worst stuffy nose not to mention the headache from hearing the machine run all night. For that reason I try to book central air only hotels. Which hotels at Disney have central air?

The only one's I know of with central heating / AC are the 1 and 2 bedroom Villa units at the DCV resorts. The value, moderates, and even the deluxe rooms all have individual wall units (at least the one's I've been in). I can't speak for the GF, never been in a room there.

I don't think I've ever seen an individual AC/heating thing in any deluxe resort. They have a thermostat in the room, but not an actual HVAC unit under the window like I have seen in the moderates I've stayed at (which is POR, POFQ and CBR).

And we've stayed at every deluxe resort except for the Grand Floridian - both regular rooms and DVC villas.

I don't know if any have central air.

All the values' AC units are behind a wall though, so I found them to be quieter than the room I had at POFQ, which had an exposed window unit.

Maybe your congestion doesn't have to do with the AC. I have the same issue and always thought it was the pillow stuffing that caused it. Or maybe it's something with the AC for me too!

Oh, yes that reminds me.... we just got back from our split stay at ASMovies and CBR. The movies heating/air thing was great. I just picked the temp I want and set it. The CBR one was a pain. It has a unit thing with a dial with things like low heat, high heat, fan, low cool, high cool, off and a red swoosh and a blue swoosh that kind of overlap. It took a lot longer to figure it out and it was louder and muggier. The good news is that it was great for DD3's exzema.

Deluxe resorts and all Vacation club villas have central air not a window unit.

CSR also has a better system than the other moderates.

thanks for the responses. I am glad to hear the CSR and the deluxes are on the list! I know when we stayed at Port Orleans (I know dating myself) I was miserable every morning. My brother recomended we give CSR a shot next time and we are really liking what we are seeing.

I travel a good bit and have developed a system to ensure a better night sleep over the years. I always pack my own pillow, a blanket from home, lysol wipes (just in case) and avoid the window units under the window things.

The cabins at FW also have central air/heat.

If you are distracted by the noise, or lack thereof, some of the deluxes have sensor thermostats that have a tendency to go off at night when there's no motion in the room. I find that more annoying than the ones where you can set the fan to run constantly (more like white noise than a noisy wall unit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter