air canada flight

melouche

Earning My Ears
hi ..we are flying air canada from timmins to toronto to orlando...

1-in troronto will my luggage make it to my connecting flight by itself?

2-or if i have to get my luggage and clear U.S. customs in toronto when i land in orlando will i have to claim my luggage and go thru customs again?

3-if i don't have to clear customs in orlando i assume that i will not have to worry about my luggage as it will go to the proper carrousel for magical express to pick it up?

thanks in advance for the help

From how I remember things, you will pick up your luggage in Toronto and go through customs at Pearson. That's the only time you'll have to go through customs - you won't have to worry about it in Orlando. I would imagine that the Magical Express will get your luggage without any further work on your part.

I'm sure someone who has connected to the US through Toronto recently can reassure you better - it's been a while since we've done that since we avoid it like the plague. My husband once missed his flight going through customs at Pearson. So, make sure you've left sufficient time to clear customs.

You clear customs in YYZ so will have to pick up your luggage to do so. If your bags have the ME tags on them, you do nothing in MCO just proceed to ME and they will show up in your room.

Note that the magic express luggage transfer can take a while to get to your room. If you want to change and hit the pool etc make sure that you take that in your carry on just to be safe.

Pearson is as described. Pick up luggage and go through US customs. Orlando arrival is just like a US domestic flight since you are already "cleared". The value in that is huge when you land at the same time as a bunch of no cleared charter flights. Customs at Orlando gets swamped during surge periods.

Enjoy your trip.

I put my Magical Express tags on my bags when I pick up my luggage in Toronto, less chance of it causing any unneccessary delays or possibly getting detoured.

We are from Timmins too - we leave on March 10th for Orlando. This time we are flying out of Buffalo (so a bit of drive to get there). But well worth the effort. We are a family of seven (yes 7) and our flights out of Buffalo only totalled $1,700 and with a house rental for $1700 too we are well on our way to a fantastic vacation.

This is my fourth trip to disney and we have tried it all different ways - on resort, off resort... Flying out of Timmins, even driving!!!

If you need any advice - don't hesitate to ask!!!

In the meantime - have fun planning - I love that part. There is so much to see and do!!!

:cloud9: :grouphug: :flower3:
~~~~40 DAYS UNTIL WE ARE BACK AT DISNEY~~~~

hi ..we are flying air canada from timmins to toronto to orlando...

As we each took one carry on piece of luggage when we went and it made things a whole lot easier as we had the luggage ourselves at all times.

I did want to mention that we did the same route in March of 2004 and it was the best......-32 in Timmins the morning we left @ 6:30 in the morning, and by the time we hit Orlando it was 26 degrees..........:woohoo:

It was rather surreal!!!!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter