Air boat rides

Fozzie

Earning My Ears
Hello everybody,

We've been looking into doing a airboat ride with our two children (DD 7, DS 5) whilst in the area.

Does anybody have any experience with these?

So far we've looked at the web pages for Boggy Creek (looks like there will be so many people on board that it wont really be worth it) - Has anyone done a trip with them?

We've also looked at a couple of smaller independent airboat operators up on the St. John's river which is about an hour outside of Orlando. Two different guys who call themselves Captain John and Captain Bob respectively. (I know, I know, we tittered too). :rotfl2:

Finally, there is an operator in Kissimee who lets you drive the boats yourself. Whilst Mr. Fozzie thinks this would be the best thing since sliced bread, :cool1: we're worried that the area is so built up around there that there wont be anything to see in terms of wildlife.

Can anybody offer any feedback on any of these operators? Perhaps you've done a great trip yourself around the Orlando area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mr. and Mrs. Fozzie :Pinkbounc

We did Boggy Creek a few years ago, it was great fun.

You do need to go at the right time though, it is best and quieter either first thing in the morning or early evening, plus it's cooler too which does help and make the experience more enjoyable....and there are less mozzies ;)

Avoid weekends as it can be very busy.

The self-drive airboats you are referring to are the ones on 192 near Old Town as far as I can work out. These are little more than glorified hair-dryers as they are electrically powered and don't go much above walking speed! Go for Boggy Creek if you want the proper experience of speeding across the Everglades! :thumbsup2

:wave: :wave: :yay: :banana: Hi - We did a trip called Sun, Sand and Scales last year, I think this was through Florida Dolphin Experiences. This was a really good day and well worth the money. We were picked up near Disney Quest at around 8.30am and then had a few hours at Cocoa Beach (via Ron Jons Surf Shop), buffet lunch was provided at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach. The next part of the tour was to to Captain Johns and Captain Bobs, they had an animal show, you could pet animals that are native to Florida and the animal handlers were very informative. We got our airboat ride at around 7.30 and it was a great experience, Captain Bob was great, really funny, the only problem I would say is that it was starting to get dark and the mossies were a nightmare, I understand why they give you goggles to wear, the people on our trip who went on the 6.00pm airboat ride did not experience this problem .... After the boatride there was a free bar for about two hours, wine beer etc along with a sing a long. We got back to Dinsey Quest at about 10.30pm. We had a brilliant day and would really recommend this tour. But try and get on the earlier airboat ride !!!

Thanks for that Saratoga,

We're not too sure about spending the entire day in such a controlled tour environment. (the kids would go bonkers). The animal show sounds good though. Can you remember what it was called? We're hoping to book it seperate.

Also, the captain John and captain bob we've been looking at call themselves:

Central Florida Airboat Tours and
Old Fashioned Airboat rides.

Do these sound familiar? I tried to send the URL's but I've not earned my ears yet so I'm not allowed on this board.

Thanks for your help.

The Fozzies :Pinkbounc

Hi Fozzies

I think it was the Central Florida Airboat Tours, it was great, I think you and the kids would really enjoy .... I'll have a look round on the internet to see what I can fine, I think that the animal show was just part of the experience with the airboats, there were people there who were not part of the tor, so I assume that they had made independent plans. If Ic an find something I will let you know

Hi - I just had a look it wasn't Central Florida Airboat Tours although out guide was def
Captain Bob, I suppose there are lots of Bons about !! I've had a search and cant see the one we visited. IF you do a search on Sun Sand and Scales it will give you info on the trip we did !! Perhaps someone else can help with the name of the TourBoat Operator - Sorry Fozzies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter