Aimee & Brent's Dream Wedding~09/17/11 Castaway Cay~Update Wedding

So that was the end of a lovely (overall) wedding day. :love:

Lovely indeed! A DCL wedding looks like a fantastic way to have a great, intimate, wedding and still keep it fun! The fact that you could go to the beach and Brent could go jet-skiing after the wedding is just awesome! I've really enjoyed reading along with your adventure and can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Your whole trip looked fabulous! Congrats on the wedding and it looks like you had a wonderful day!

Thanks! And to anyone still around I promise to finish my TR. :rolleyes1

I'm on vacation (but at home) this week so maybe I'll get around to it.

Congrats !! Your wedding looked beautiful

I kept reading that you were seasick-- was it that bad. I get so sick on boats and have horrible motion sickness and we are looking into a cc wedding. I'll be so upset if I'm sick the whole time :confused3

Congrats !! Your wedding looked beautiful

I kept reading that you were seasick-- was it that bad. I get so sick on boats and have horrible motion sickness and we are looking into a cc wedding. I'll be so upset if I'm sick the whole time :confused3

Thanks.

Yes I did get seasick on the last night but it wasn't trip ruining at all. I took motion sickness remedies and it helped (motion ease, and meclizine). It was just i needed to lay down for a bit after we picked out pictures.

Day 5 ~ Sunday, September 18, 2011 (Saying goodbye to the Dream)

Sunday we picked up our photos and photo albums from our photographer (note: the picture gallery area is extremely busy on the last day but we didn't have a choice). We asked for a picture with Robin, our photographer which was the last photo we took on the dream.

100_0353.jpg

Here are some pictures of the actual photo albums and cases (sorry they aren't the best photos) that came with the photography package.

000_0001.jpg

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0005.jpg

After we received our photos, we packed up the remaining items and said goodbye to the Dream.

Follow-up thought: We had set out our luggage the night before, so we only had our carry-on items when we left the Dream. The only problem was I had left out a t-shirt which wasn't large enough to go over my head/hair (I still had the wedding hair-do and wasn't ready to take it out as it still looked nice). I'm glad I had on a tank top the night before...

A typical question I've gotten is how much does a Disney wedding cost anyways. So I've tried my best to realistically list out the expenses we had for the wedding. (Which is really scary by the way). :scared1:

However, prices have changed for the cruise weddings since last year (up to 4,000 for a Castaway Cay ceremony). And other costs will be dependent on individual circumstances.

Cruise Costs

We were on a 3-day cruise on the Dream. In a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Category 5D, Cabin 6070

Cruise: $978.00
Castaway Cay Ceremony: $3,500.00
Government Taxes and Fees: $91.76
Extra Guest Fee ($20 per person x 9 people): $180.00
Photography (Cruise line package $995 + 85 for CC fee): $1080.00
Hair Appointment: $100 + Tip
Standard Cruise Gratuities: $72

Subtotal Cruise Costs: $6001.76

Additional Wedding/Travel Costs

Wedding Dress: $100.00
Marriage License (Brevard County, FL Mail Away Application): $93.50
Roundtrip Airfare from St. Louis to Orlando: $478.80
Hotel Room (Night before cruise - Pop Century Resort): $62.16
Rental Van (from Disney to Cape for 5 people): $73.30

Subtotal Additional Costs: $707.76

Disneymoon Costs

Rental Car (from Cape to Disney just the 2 of us): $37.48
Disneymoon (All Star Music - 6 nights, Memories Package plus Dining, 7 Day Park Hopper): $1453.90
Estimated Tips for Dinner ($25 x 6 meals): $150 (sorry this is a best estimate on the high side)

Subtotal Disneymoon Costs: $1641.38

TOTAL: $8200.90 + Any Spending Money + Tip for Hair Dresser

ESTIMATED GRAND TOTAL: $9,000

:thumbsup2

enjoyed catching up on all that you did!!!!!!!!!!!

makes me want to do it all over again.

cheryl

You sounded so great today on the Podcast! I was the Travel Agent who was on last week. I was so excited to see the Cruise Brides take over 2 weeks of PodCasting! LOL

You were a pretty bride. I loved your hair and dress so much!

Lisa, I knew it was you on last weeks podcast. I referenced your planning journal a ton when I was preparing for my trip. So thanks!

I haven't had a chance to listen to either one yet my mother in law was visiting. Hopefully ill get to catch up later today

Aimee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter