AI: Does This Mean Simon's Not a Fan?

JESW said:
Seemed like he showed up ONLY because it would benefit him - didn't seem to care about anyone else.

I have never been a fan. Not too crazy about the excuses either.

Jill
Ditto!

Posted by alliecats: When a man can dance in 4-inch stilettos, while singing and playing a guitar, is it fair to ask him for more?

Posted by Virgo10: That and his little sideways glance with just a hint of a smile. Gets me everytime!

Posted by PeterPanette: Ya know what? I don't want to see Prince glad-handing everyone and yukking it up with "the kids". I want to see him strut out, tear up the stage, then strut right back into his mysterious netherworld. That's what I love about him.

ITA with all you guys!! I am a HUGE Prince fan and thought he did great on AI. If he would have come on and spoke or talked to the contestants I would wonder what was wrong with him! LOL! I wish he would do concerts again--he is unbelievable in concert.

mytwotinks said:
I also thought the gal who sang with Elliott ( I forgot her name :confused3 ) was also kind of a stage hog. He sang first for a second and then she came out and sang most of the song by herself without ever really acknowledging him.

Oh I am SO with you on this! But I guess I differ about the "other stars". I think the "Stars" have had much better performances that their AI finale duets & thought all their performances were kind of embarassing. Based solely on their final-show performances, do you think any of them would have possibly even made it out of the regional AI auditions?
Toni Braxton looked like she thought she was on the runway at Victoria's Secret & acted like she had been hitting the sauce(What was up with practically assaulting Taylor?), Mary K. hogged the stage as well(both vocally & physically) & was (as Randy politely puts it) PITCHY, Meat Loaf looked & (it pains me to say this) *sounded* like he needed serious medical intervention.
Even legend Dionne Warwick(one of my fall-time favorites)...yikes, what was that note she got lost on at the end? She looks wonderful & still has quite a set of pipes, but...I dunno, I suppose that could have something to do with the sound system at the Kodak Theatre(maybe she couldn't hear herself?)

mytwotinks said:
My dh and I were trying to explain Prince to our 8 year old dd and we pretty much just told her that at this point he is just famous for being weird!
The first thing that popped into my head after reading this was...hey, like Michael Jackson :rolleyes1 ?

agnes!
PS - I agree with Robinrs @ "top performers". The real stars are the ones who treat everyone around them with kindness & respect, they seem to last the longest.

ckay87 said:
Me too. His was the first concert I ever saw. Purple Rain tour...amazing, 3 hour show, the standard by which I've judged every concert since. I'll always have a soft spot for him no matter what. Re-reading my post, I was kind of hard on the dude. His exit from the stage was definitely Prince-style. I just got irritated when I read all the circumstances surrounding his appearance.
I saw the Purple Rain concert in Philly. It was incredible! I have been to many, many concerts and that was the best "performance" I've ever seen. He put on a spectacular show.

We thought he was awful and didnt go with the show at all. But then we thought this seasons whole finale was in the toilet. All of the stars sounded awful and the show just didnt have any pizazz to it like last years did. We thought it was dreadful from start to finish.

Someone posted on the AI thread that on Ryan's morning radio show--it had come to the point where producers didn't think he was coming. His performance didn't fit b/c it was thrown in at the end.

His behavior is very diva. Late for a concert (is he on time for these?) is not the same as late for a live television event.

Had he been on time--perhaps noone would think twice about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter