Ahsoka

Never seen or heard of a Tardigrade before, that’s pretty cool. What is unique about them to make them be one of only things we have ever found that can survive some time in space?

Do they not need oxygen to survive?

Also appears that they use some type of suspended animation to survive the near perfect vacuum of space. So no ability to actually live in space or reproduce in space correct? Does this cool little 1mm creature require reanimating inside an atmosphere to basically come back to life?

However, I stand corrected, I had no idea this little creature existed.

Last edited:
Man, so good until the last bit. I can live with it since apparently it makes sense, but first reaction was that might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Like I say though, not enough to derail it but appreciate the explanation on here.

I've only seen pieces of Rebels and Clone Wars, but this series is quickly ranking at the top for me. Rosario Dawson is so good as Ahsoka.

Just give Dave Filoni the entire thing and be done.

I've only seen pieces of Rebels and Clone Wars, but this series is quickly ranking at the top for me. Rosario Dawson is so good as Ahsoka.

Just give Dave Filoni the entire thing and be done.
You are on to something, I think. Filoni is thoroughly impressing me with this series. Him and Favreau may be the ones to actually fix this mess.

Still don’t trust the heavies above them though, as they don’t appear to have any idea how to run lucasfilm. Anyone that can lose $200+ million dollars with Indiana Jones should no longer be in charge.

I doubt Dave even wants the top job and how much responsibility comes with it. He seems happy just doing his own things within the franchise. I can’t imagine anyone’s jumping up and down for that particular role with how toxic and entitled the fanbase is these days tbh. Who’d willingly want to put themselves through that amount of abuse on the daily if they even so much as put one foot wrong in “the fans” eyes?

But anyway…

I really loved how Hayden had clearly studied Matt Lanter’s Anakin and incorporated his speech pattern into his version for those Clone Wars flashbacks. It was the perfect blend of both of them. And seeing Anakin with a red saber was just chef’s kiss combined with him morphing into Vader and back again when walking into the smoke in that one scene.

That’s fair Leia, but I actually think who ever follows KK in the big chair has an incredible opportunity. You see toxic and entitled and I see passion and billions of dollars to be made if you get it right. Create a cross-sectional fan panel and use them for a feedback loop. If you listen closely to the OT fans you can get them back. What you can’t do is destroy / disrespect all the characters that they hold dear. The test screening for the Rey “Skywaker” scene received terrible feedback, but they did it anyway…..why? Listen to the fan base, and you will win. If Luke had been respected, and Rey had been given a real hero’s journey…….she would have been accepted by the OT fans. I don’t care what anyone says on here, I just don’t believe anyone goes into a Star Wars project wanting to hate it.

You love Ahsoka right? In this live action series if she was a deadbeat withdrawn hermit drinking green dinosaur milk and not willing to even go look for Thrawn or try and find Ezra…..you would be ticked off right?

Last edited:
I think Dave is a creative at heart and he wants to make great content. I don’t seen him as a good fit to run Lucasfilm entirely. Maybe the head creative visionary for the entire brand though could work.

Ok episode #4 in the books for me, and yes it still really good I thought.

Pros:
- music was pretty spectacular in this episode, especially at the end
- loved seeing much more of Baylan
- Sabine in the mando armor really works
- loved the lightsaber fights
- Scene at the hinge was intense, and I loved it
- the ending was indeed crazy!
- loved seeing the chosen one again, just so cool
- So many questions now????

Cons:
- none, I think it was nearly a perfect episode

I have a million questions now, where the heck is Ahsoka……WbW…….or just a dream or something?

Does the little boy sense the disturbance in the force???

Very very good episode, this is the best Star Wars since Mando 2 in my opinion. Filoni my man!

Last edited:
I think Dave is a creative at heart and he wants to make great content. I don’t seen him as a good fit to run Lucasfilm entirely. Maybe the head creative visionary for the entire brand though could work.

I meant in terms of writing, not as an executive.

Being President of Lucasfilm is more about licensing, merchandising, being a bean counter, etc.

Let me say one thing they don’t like, and they sure seem to care though!

Just thought it was humorous that all my reviews of the episodes have been picked apart, except the one that was 100% positive.

Just thought it was humorous that all my reviews of the episodes have been picked apart, except the one that was 100% positive.

I'm glad you're liking it, there just isn't much to add since we've all tossed out two cents on the latest episode.There isn't much more to say until Tuesday night.

Last edited:
Is the board less active than normal today? Is it because I didn’t have any negatives for this episode, that’s why no one responded?
ha ha. I actually have spent a lot of extra time yesterday and today watching my usual SW youtubers discuss it and some Easter eggs, etc. (my little bit of DIS time today has mostly been in the Universal threads, and resorts. we'll be in WDW/Universal in a few weeks!) I enjoyed episode 5 a lot, but ep 4 is my favorite so far. If I had to give a grade to ep 4, it would be A++++++++. Ep 5, still an A, but lower A, maybe A-, but still great.

Last edited:

If you're looking for some heavy debate this isn't the right site tbh. There seem to be a group of awesome SW fans who post in this thread but remember that this site is everything Disney and tends to mainly focus on the vacation side of things so there is just a core group of posters. You might already be a member, but if not you need to check out theforce.net. Huge SW site with super active forums. Or jump on r/StarWars

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter