• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AHHH -- where to find a Wendy costume??

kaleighmariesmom

DIS Veteran
So my DD2 decided that she wants to be Tinkerbell and me be Wendy and her dad be Peter Pan... I can not find the costume anywhere and I CAN NOT sew!!! anyone out there that can lead me in the right direction??

it was basically a blue nightgown...
check buycostumes.com if one exists they would have it !!

Your looking for an adult sized costume, right? I would just find a blue dress or nightgown that looks somewhat simular, put a blue bow in your hair and you'd be ready to go (IMO). I think people will know who you are, especially if your with Tink. I'm more impressed you got DH to agree to be Peter Pan....

Your looking for an adult sized costume, right? I would just find a blue dress or nightgown that looks somewhat simular, put a blue bow in your hair and you'd be ready to go (IMO). I think people will know who you are, especially if your with Tink. I'm more impressed you got DH to agree to be Peter Pan....

That's what I was thinking too! A dept. store should have a huge selection of nightgowns--surely you could find one that is Wendy-esque.

I was Wendy last year, and simply bought a nice blue nightgown at a second hand store and a roll of blue ribbon for my hair and to make the empire waist.

I did see an adult Disney style Wendy costume on eBay when I was trying to decide though (search "adult Wendy modest" otherwise you might get the skimpy ones). It was really beautiful but over my budget.

I saw the cutest costume put together by a Diser last year for the P&P party. She went on ebay and just kept trolling through vintage blue nightgowns, and found one for very reasonable that looked just like the one from the movie. Added the blue ribbon for hair and waist.
Good luck! I wanted to do the same costume this year, but as I will be 8 months preggers, it kind of loses that whole child-like innocence look.

I saw the cutest costume put together by a Diser last year for the P&P party. She went on ebay and just kept trolling through vintage blue nightgowns, and found one for very reasonable that looked just like the one from the movie. Added the blue ribbon for hair and waist.
Good luck! I wanted to do the same costume this year, but as I will be 8 months preggers, it kind of loses that whole child-like innocence look.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

we to be honest we are still working on DH -- my dd asks him every night to be Peter Pan and he "doesnt do" Halloween. But we are working on him... Plus I promised him there will be no tights involved!!

We're going to MNSSHP this year, and my kids (4 and 2) wanted to be Tink and Captain Hook. My husband is going to as the Crocodile, and I am going as Wendy. I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant, and figured the only thing that would fit me was a big blue nightgown! I found one on ebay, and like others have said bought some matching ribbon to make the empire waist (over my huge belly) and hair bow. It's actually a pretty comfortable costume! Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter