• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Agonizing over SSR Room Location

ogorchock

Earning My Ears
What is your opinion of which area to request at SSR given these factors (there will be 3 of us--DH, DD aged 6 and me):

We care most about getting to the parks as painlessly and quickly as possible. We spend almost all of our time in the parks.

DH may want to walk to DD for a movie after my daughter and I collapse for the night.

We might use the main pool once or twice so my DD can have some pool fun. But, it won't be more than twice.

We will be eating breakfast in the room and the other meals in the parks.

We don't care about a view.

Thanks for your help!

What is your opinion of which area to request at SSR given these factors (there will be 3 of us--DH, DD aged 6 and me):

We care most about getting to the parks as painlessly and quickly as possible. We spend almost all of our time in the parks.

DH may want to walk to DD for a movie after my daughter and I collapse for the night.

We might use the main pool once or twice so my DD can have some pool fun. But, it won't be more than twice.

We will be eating breakfast in the room and the other meals in the parks.

We don't care about a view.

Thanks for your help!
Well, a request is just a request and not a guarantee. Lately we haven't been making any requests and getting pretty nice locations. But we're not that picky anyway (wait, Bill must have a water view at OKW, but that's easy).

The Paddock and Congress Park are both closer to the Marketplace at DTD, but that is still a bit of a hike to the movie theater. The Grandstand is closer to the boat dock which will closer to the movie theater, plus it has a themed pool.

Ummmm.....if you care most about getting quickly to the parks, I definitely would NOT stay @ SSR. I WOULD stay at BLT, or AKV (better yet VGC) depending on which park you are trying to get to quickly. And a request is just that a "request", we got the exact opposite of our request when we went to SSR, so I wouldn't stress about it too much, since it might not really matter!

We would love to stay at a MK or Epcot resort, but nothing is available. And, I know it's just a request and there are no guarantees; but we've been lucky with requests in the past. No harm in trying...

I would request the Grandstand. It's the first bus stop to load and unload, so it's much easier to get a seat in the morning. You are also close to a pool, the main building/dining, and the boat dock to DTD.

My DH and I usually make room requests. We make our requests about four days before our arrival and then make sure the request has been noted when we are checking in. We have always gotten our requests. Hope this helps!

I agree with grandstand as that is the first bus stop so you will be pretty much guaranteed a seat on the first bus that comes.

We stayed in the Grandstand villas, and one of the things we were very pleased with, was how convienent the bus stop was. The buses from SSR were as good or better than any I have encounted at the BCV.
Sandie

We've stayed at Grandstand and the Springs. I liked Grandstand much better, for all the reasons the pps have stated. That would be my choice!

The Springs section provides great access to the High Rock Springs pool and the **Last** bus stop -- which means you may have to stand when ridding to the parks. This is our second choice when transportation is a top priority.

The Grandstand section has a themed pool (no slide) and is the first bus stop. It is also a short walk to High Rock Springs and the Carriage House. In our opinion, this is about the best location for transportation, pool access, and access to boat transportation.

We have had six trips staying at SSR and have found the bus transportation to be better than average. Opinions vary, but with a few exceptions, we've rarely waited more than 20 minutes. It is a dedicated resort so you don't have to pull in and out of multiple resorts which really consumes time.

We stayed at the Paddock last May and never had anyone standing on the parks to the buses. The Paddock had a small private pool, is the 3rd stop(?), and a pretty walk over the late to the food court/ main pool.

We also really enjoyed the Grandstand section when we were there. We were in one of the 8000 buildings facing the pool. The bus stop was about 3 min. away. It was perfect. The pool for that section is awesome - nice splash area for your 6 yo. The walk up to the main pool was painless as was the walk to the water taxi dock. No complaints with Grandstand from us!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter