Aghhhhhh! I ordered the wrong thing!

garada3

DIS Veteran
We are back from our escape to Disney without the kids. What a great trip!
Lots of good food except for one mistake on my part! In order of experience on our adventure:

La Cava del Tequila - our new favorite dining place in Epcot and possibly all of WDW! We started with margarita flights, guacamole, crab tostadas and beef flautas. I was so surprised by the flavors we preferred - jalapeno and avocado! Next up were blood orange margaritas (because I had read so much about them on here) and more guacamole. Then we finished with our fav - avocado margaritas! Loved the atmosphere, the food and the beverages so much that we visited again the very next day! We consider this to be our favorite discovery of the trip :goodvibes

Fulton's - Crab Claws! Fantastic! My husband had wahoo which was also wonderful. A nice bottle of white wine, a window side table in the Constellation Room and the setting sun made for a great dinner. I wish that transportation to this restaurant was easier - the bus ride seemed to take forever.

Tokyo Dining - sushi, tempura and saki flights! We did not have an ADR - we asked the cast member outside if walk-ups were being taken, she asked us for which restaurant and when we said Tokyo Dining, her face lit up with a smile! We were seated at a window side table within five minutes. A great lunch! I discovered that I prefer dry saki to sweet ;)

Yak & Yeti - Yak Attack! A great starter beverage for a hot afternoon! I had the lettuce cup appetizer and a Big Bamboo beverage. DH had a large Kirin and the seafood curry.

El Pirata y el Perico - taco salads and waters. We happened to be walking by when it opened so we thought why not? Pretty good for counter service.

Jiko - this is where I messed up :headache: Last summer I had the maize-crusted halibut in tomato butter sauce. It was lick-the-plate great! This time I decided to order the filet with mac-n-cheese because I read such great things. Eh, it was a steak and the m&c didn't seem all that special. DH had the ostrich which was fantastic. The bottle of red we had was good but felt heavy after all the other drinking we had been doing all week in the parks, at meals and in the conceirge lounge. I had trouble hiding my disappointment. There was nothing wrong with the steak but I did make a mistake in ordering it. I should have had the halibut! Hopefully next summer :rotfl:

Can you and yours double date with us on the next trip? I think I love you. We also discovered La Cava on our most recent trip. I think I'd like to move in for a day or two. Next time I'm making a meal of it! And your other choices? Perfect!

Thanks for the review! Next time the return of the Maize-Crusted Halibut.

Thanks for the reviews!

I--um, like (LOVE) margaritas a little bit ( a whole lot!)

Gotta try that avocado margarita when we stay at the Beach Club!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter