aggravated with resale process

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
We made a bid through TTS and it was accepted by the seller on 8/9. We faxed everything on 8/10 and sent the deposit overnight. We expressed that we wanted to move this to Disney ASAP and assumed that had happened since we'd not heard differently. I've anxiously been waiting for my phone to ring the past few days since ROFR (according to people on disboards) hasn't been taking too long. Well, I got an email today (8/19) that my offer just went to Disney today. I emailed TTS to find out what the 9 day hold-up was and they were waiting on a form from the seller. Sheesh! We're talking a resale amount of $24,000. I guess I was hoping they'd be more motivated than this. I guess we restart our clock and wait. Crossing my fingers that Disney doesn't take too long. The contract comes with 269 banked points that need to be used by 1/31 so we're pushed to use them and are hoping to finalize this quickly so we can get ressies made. Wish us luck!

I totally sympathize. With resale, the speed of the whole process is so hit-and-miss. My first resale contract with TTS took just 3 weeks between offer and my first ressie with MS. My second current resale (also with TTS) began on July 5 when offer was accepted and I received notification that Disney waived ROFR on July 23 and then nothing! I called and they said that the ball is in Disney's court as to when they can send over the paperwork. So I'm trying to be very patient, trying not to think about the clock ticking on the 2006 banked points...

we went thru the same thing in april. All that I can say is hang in there. You would think that the seller would be as motivated as the buyer. I was told that the transactions rarely fall apart but that they are sometimes very slow. :rolleyes1

When they tell you the resale process takes 6-8 weeks, it really CAN (and often does) take 6-8 weeks. I know it's tough to wait it all out. If your price was based on using those 269 points you might want to modify your offer (if it's not too late). If you can't make booking at WDW work out for you after you close, consider a trip to HH, even in the off season it can be a lot of fun at the resort (we did this last Feb. w/ some expiring points). Good luck!

We made a bid through TTS and it was accepted by the seller on 8/9. We faxed everything on 8/10 and sent the deposit overnight. We expressed that we wanted to move this to Disney ASAP and assumed that had happened since we'd not heard differently. I've anxiously been waiting for my phone to ring the past few days since ROFR (according to people on disboards) hasn't been taking too long. Well, I got an email today (8/19) that my offer just went to Disney today. I emailed TTS to find out what the 9 day hold-up was and they were waiting on a form from the seller. Sheesh! We're talking a resale amount of $24,000. I guess I was hoping they'd be more motivated than this. I guess we restart our clock and wait. Crossing my fingers that Disney doesn't take too long. The contract comes with 269 banked points that need to be used by 1/31 so we're pushed to use them and are hoping to finalize this quickly so we can get ressies made. Wish us luck!

I think you are being totally unreasonable and need to chill a little. You sent the deposit on 8/10 (a Friday). If you sent it overnight via a service that doesn't deliver on the weekend (or the office wasn't open on the weekend), you are talking receipt of the deposit on 8/11 at the earliest, possibly 8/13 depending on the service. One day to clear (even with an 8/11 arrival) puts us at 8/14. Papers go out to seller on 8/15 via overnight. They arrive on 8/16. They are overnighted back on 8/17 (a Friday) and arrive on 8/18 or 8/20 depending on the service. Seems like there may have been little or no delay using reasonable assumptions. I know it is frustrating, but patience is a virtue and reasonableness is essential. Hope everything goes well from this point forward!

We passed ROFR on Aug.1, and still the contract has not cleared the estopell process. I was told there is somewhat of a backup with Disney on this. ( So GMAC says :confused3 ). This is all out of your control, so like the OP said, I would relax at this point. This is the price you pay for getting the incredible savings resale.

Doctor P, they emailed me the contract with the request to fax it back. I was of the assumption they did the same thing with the seller.

I don't feel I'm being unreasonable. Anxious...yes. Unreasonable...no. However, even if I was, there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm just going to do my part in returning all documents quickly and hope that the seller will decide to do the same.

dragonflymom.....I think I'd have lost my patience by now. I'd consider asking TTS to follow up. It's been almost a month since they waived it and now you're stuck waiting. I could see it being a week or two, but a month seems like a long time.

It's only a good savings if you actually get to use the points. A hold up by either Disney or the seller negates that. We are planning to go the end of January and I am pretty confident that I will be able to use the points, but the longer it takes, the less likely that will be.

I'll still be happy in the end, but I'd like to have had this ball rolling 9 days ago.

MichelleB-
I've been in your boat. Back in May I contacted TSS about a contract and had the documents emailed to me on May 27. I faxed them back and mailed my deposit on May 29 (the 28th was a holiday). After 15 long days I get an email from TSS that our cantract was sent to Disney (June 13) because they were waiting for the seller to send their copies back. We found out that we passed ROFR on June 26 with a closing date of July 23 (if not sooner). I received the closing documents via email and sent them out in the mail with a check on July 14. On July 23 I get a phone call that they still haven't received the closing documents from the seller and cannot get in touch with him. I gave him 10 extra days and said forget it. Please do not take my situation to be the norm and don't let it panic you further. Maybe they were on vacation and couldn't access the documents until they got home. So, far our next attempt is going much better. We contacted TSS on August 2 and had the documents emailed to us that evening. We faxed them back on August 3 (as did the seller) and the contract was sent to Disney that day. We found out that we passed ROFR on August 14. I'm wishing you lots and lots of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Ours took two months or better start to finish. Our seller was not motivated to return paperwork - and returned a bunch of it unnotarized, which means it had to go back. If your seller is out of town on vacation or a business trip, if they have other priorities, if this is someone living in a foreign country - all that will add time to the resale process. Then we had a longer than average wait for closing. But we weren't pushing either.

I've gone through resale twice, passed rofr within 3 days, and it STILL took 7-8 weeks. A month after rofr is not at all unreasonable and the 8 week timeline is what TTS tells you when you start the process and is what you should expect. I've had some delays due to TCS in the past (and was less than thrilled, I think they need to do a better job of informing clients of the closing process and in my case they needed to quit losing track of my paperwork) but your expectations at this level are going to cause you a lot of aggravation. Really, set your sights on a mid-October closing and if it comes through sooner be happily surprised. ;)

Both my resales took at least a couple of months each. Even with emailing, faxing, etc., original contracts with notarization still have to be processed, sent, received as these are legal documents. I would think you should be able to book your trip by end of October possibly beginning of November at the latest. Most of January, other than the two holiday periods that month, is fairly easy to book. Will cross my fingers for you!!

I think you are being totally unreasonable and need to chill a little. You sent the deposit on 8/10 (a Friday). If you sent it overnight via a service that doesn't deliver on the weekend (or the office wasn't open on the weekend), you are talking receipt of the deposit on 8/11 at the earliest, possibly 8/13 depending on the service. One day to clear (even with an 8/11 arrival) puts us at 8/14. Papers go out to seller on 8/15 via overnight. They arrive on 8/16. They are overnighted back on 8/17 (a Friday) and arrive on 8/18 or 8/20 depending on the service. Seems like there may have been little or no delay using reasonable assumptions. I know it is frustrating, but patience is a virtue and reasonableness is essential. Hope everything goes well from this point forward!

Totally Agree.

How is any of this TTS fault?

They can not force the seller to be timely.

They can not hurry up Disney's Estoppel process which can take 1-30 days from what I have seen on this board......

FWIW: the sellers got their paperwork back to TSS before I had our deposit overnighted (lol) so yes {to me anyway} the sellers seem to have been a bit lax in getting the paperwork back quickly. Perhaps they used regular snailmail instead of overnighting?

I hope this next part goes quickly for you!

Totally Agree.

How is amy of this TTS fault?
I don't see the OP as being unreasonable, nor blaming TSS. She's just frustrated, venting a bit, and asking for warm thoughts.

Good luck Michelle!

I am patiently awaiting Disney to send the estopple info to TCS myself. *sigh* Come on DVC Mouse-type folks, I wanna come visit already!!!

:upsidedow

I thought I had heard that Disney would often waive the banking deadlines for people who bought contracts in the middle of their use year. Did you really *want* to use the points by 1/31 (silly question, I know) or was it just that they were expiring? If Disney will let you bank them, maybe it'll relieve a little of your stress.

OP - Yes, it is hard to wait:wizard: hope things go well for you.

Did you pay for expediting closing? Might want to consider adding it if you're in a hurry.

It seemed to speed things up for us when the final closing docs came into play.

Our seller did take a week to return documents (no fault of TSS) and

DVC waited until nearly the last week to pass on ROFR (again, no fault of TSS)

Once all was sent to DVC we were told to be prepared to wait, they handled their own sales 1st...after a week I was glad I persisted & called again; there was a typo on our paperwork:scared1: ...fixed quickly, still took nearly a month longer than we expected. At that point we were past our 100% banking deadline, our assigned DVC guide made sure we were able to bank anyway - thanks Brian:thumbsup2

Trebor, the 269 pts are banked pts from 2006 UY that will expire so we either use them or lose them by 1/31. We already have ressies with another contract to go down the last week of Jan. and will switch and use these pts if anything is still available. With all the double developer pts floating around out there, I'm very nervous about this. If we didn't already have airline tickets, I'd consider using the pts elsewhere, but that's not possible. We'll see.

I am not upset at TTS for this, I just thought things had progressed to Disney within the 9 days they had our paperwork. I had no idea that we had a seller that was slowing things down. I'll do my part to speed up our end at least.

keishashadow, I didn't know there was such a think as expeded closing! Can you tell me roughly how much this is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter